Thirty Five || You Scared Me

Please Comment and Vote throughout the chapter.
____________________________
Okay. I lied. This is a lot more serious than I thought it would be.

"Vena, can you please tell me why I am being so stupid? He's loyal, right?" Clair asks, worry in her voice.

I mouth the word 'loyal' to Grant and his eyes widen.

"Put the phone down! Put the phone down!" He whisper-shouts.

"One second, Clair" I put the phone to my chest, blocking out any sound.

"What?!" I snap.

"I need to tell you that all those times I said I was with a girl I wasn't. I needed a cover up story. Clair was always a secret" he tells me very quickly.

I sigh and put the phone back up to my ear. "Clair, from what I have seen and heard, Grant is loyal" I tell her reassuringly.

I wonder what else lies he has been telling us. First the girlfriend and now all those fake hook ups.

She sighs, "I just don't know. I mean I'm all the way in California and he's in New York. There's a distance." She explains.

Wow. He hasn't been laid in months.
But something else in her sentence caught my attention. California. Stanford. Standford University. I mean yes, there is other schools, but I just have a feeling with this one.

Grant is dating a genius.

"If you don't mind me asking, do you go to Standford?" I ask curiously.

Grant stands up, reaching for the phone.

But my answer was given to me before he had a chance to take the phone from me. "Yes," she answers softly.

I smile up at Grant and he groans and sits down.

"If I may ask, Why are you dating an idiot?" I ask, glancing at Grant.

Grant springs up and tackles me to the ground, making my head land hard on the tiles.

I could see him with a terrified look on his face, but it started to get blurry.

I hear an 'Uh Oh' before I go limp.

~

"What the hell did you do to her?!" Were the first words I had awoken to.

"It was an accident! I swear! I would never hurt her!" Grant's stuttering voice utters.

Then all the yelling and arguing started. Their was voiced surrounded all around me.

I flutter my eyes open and see all five of my friends arguing like maniacs.

Except Ryder; who was staring right at me.

He elbows James in the chest and he turns and gives him a pissed off expression, but Ryder just nodded down to me.

James looks down at me and his eyes widen.

I try to sit up, but he bends down and holds my shoulder down, "Hold on a second" he tells me seriously.

He stand back up and looks at the group of people.

"Alright, shows over. Get out" he pushes them out of the laundry room, except Grant, pulling him back into the room and shutting the door.

"You're going to stay here until I know she is okay" he demands to him.

Grant doesn't say anything except sitting down on a chair.

James gets down on his knees and carefully kneels down beside my head.

"How does your head feel? Have any headaches?" He puts his hands to the top of my head, feeling for bumps.