Chapter 18: Physical Touches

All she sees is white.

It's a painful light. Like she is looking at the brightest star, the brightest flame, and the brightest sun all at once.

And then reality seems to begin to set back in.

Everything is muffled and blurry. She can hear voices, at least she thinks they are voices but she doesn't know for sure. And she see's someone or something standing over her but she can't comprehend what is is or who it is.

She still can't seem to feel everything but she can feel, and the feeling she is experiencing is one that she has never felt before.

It's like death is clawing at her skin, ripping her away with each second that passes, causing more intensity to spread throughout her.

All she can do is cry, trying to comprehend what has happened to get her here and what is happening right now. It's scary. She doesn't know where she is. She can't see clearly, everything still blurry, her tears not helping, and the voices, the voices aren't making any sense to her.

It isn't until a figure gets closer to her and snaps their fingers in front of her that she begins to focus.

She sees there large blue hands, and his eyes. She knows those eyes, at least she think she does.

"Dad?" Esmyrie asks, but she knows thats probably not the right answer.

Dad... dad? Didn't her dad die? Did she die?

"Esmyrie are you with us?" The man says, snapping his fingers once more, seeing that her eyes look from his fingers to his face.

Finally, finally, her bearings come back and she was right. The answer wasn't right that isn't her dad its Jake Sully.

"Jake?" Esmyrie asks, confusion on her face, trying to move but feeling a sharp pain in her side, causing her to immediately cry out in pain.

Jake.... she called him Jake.

"Hey, don't move yet. You are still healing. You're be healing for quite a while." Jake says, putting a comforting hand on the girl, trying to make her as comfortable as she can be.

The pain is so intense. It's like all her senses are gone besides feeling. It's like feeling is going into overdrive. But it isn't just the pain she feels, she feels someone holding her hand. A tender and soft hand. A hand that has five fingers.

Lo'ak. Her Lo'ak is here for her.

She turns and sees that Lo'ak is staring at her, concern and worry in his eyes but a grin on his face.

"Lilac...."

"Hi Esmy." Lo'ak whispers, rubbing his thumb along her hand trying to soothe any of the pain that he can.

She gives her a small smile, wincing in pain not a second later. She goes to look and everyone is there. Neytiri holding Tuk, giving the girl a warm smile. Kiri, sitting beside her, moving any hair out of her face. And Neteyam, he is standing just in front of the hut entrance, arms crossed.

She smiles at Neteyam for just a second, it dropping soon after.

She is beginning to remember. Remember the boys harassing her and Kiri. Lo'ak trying to stop them. Neteyam coming in to try and help. Ao'nung revealing that he knows her story, being told by Neteyam. The fight that breaks out. Neteyam joining to protect his brother. Lo'ak getting teamed up. Her joining the fight to try and get a boy off of Lo'ak. The tackle and pain that immediately follow.

It all comes back to her, and it makes her instantly want to panic.

"Hey... Hey you're okay. You're okay. Ronal said you should heal perfectly fine. Nothing hit any major organs. You should just have a scar, thats it." Jake tries to reassure, and it seems to help the girl just slightly.