8.

kpop princesses 

CHAPTER - EIGHT

Bore.

This party was an absolute bore. Standing in the corner, with a red cup filled with something that I wasn't going to drink, I watched the people from my school sway and dance to the loud music played in the mansion like house belonging to Nolan Shaw. I stared at some of the outfits girls at the party wore and knew I was too covered for a party. In front of them, I felt like a dolled up grandma.

'This is exactly how it's gonna be. No matter how much little Faye changes, she's still always going to be a shy, fat girl inside.' I'd heard Jen whisper to one of her friends a while ago. And while I wanted nothing more than to duck my head and walk past it like it never happened, I couldn't help myself from turning around and taking a step towards her, anger evident in my eyes. She scurried off quickly at my reaction. I hadn't seen or heard her since.

I walked around the house, passing through different groups of people. I'd heard around school that Micheal was going to be at the party but he was a no show. For someone who threw this party in the name of his birthday, Nolan Shaw was a no show as well. And with no friends and no one to talk to, I was all alone in this crowded party. I let my hand graze by the walls as I walked through a less crowded hallway and turning around the corner, I kept walking down the empty hallway.

"Bored?" Demon boy asks from behind me.

I'd felt him arrive like I always could. It was a good thing. It gave me around two seconds to prep myself for whatever demon boy had in mind today.

"I was wondering when you'd make an appearance." I drawl out. I wasn't irritated or annoyed that demon boy had shown up today. I was...relieved. At least I wouldn't be bored at this party and maybe our bickering would take my mind off what an annoyance my first party is.

"Are you bored?" Demon boy asks again. I turn to look at him. He's dressed in all black as always while I'm wearing something a little different to what I wear normally. Wearing a high neck black top with dark denim jeans, my outfit almost resembles his. And even though I have makeup on and have hoops dangling from my ears, I'm still dressed differently and am more covered up than any girl at this party.

"Yes." I pause. "Yes, I'm bored."

Demon boy nods and we continue walking until we're by a railing. Peering over it, I watch as demon boy's face scrunches up. Wanting to know what caused his reaction, I take a look myself and find my face scrunching as well as I watch Nolan - ah, there he is - and Jen rubbing up against each other downstairs to some sexual track playing through the speakers.

Turning away, I noticed two glass doors opening to what looked like a huge balcony.

Walking through the doors, I placed one hand on the railing, drink in the other hand. Demon boy follows me, standing by my side within a minute. Grabbing the drink from my hand, he sniffs the liquid a bit before sipping it. Nodding, he passes it to me. I eye him questioningly.

"It's a safe drink." He says. I believe him. "Go for it." He says, turning to watch the night sky.

I gulp down the drink. It's unexpectedly sweet and not bitter and burning like I'd expected it to be.

"Want more?" Demon boy asks me. I lick my lips, nodding. He snaps his fingers and the cup in my hand grows heavy as it fills up with the sweet alcoholic liquid to the brim. I look at the cup in my hands and then up to demon boy.