The Love Square {7}

***Collie’s POV***

                I watched as Zane grabbed Ant’s hand and hurriedly pulled him out of sight. Colin struggled against me, and I rolled my eyes and slammed him against the lockers. Emma watched the two of us nervously.

                “What the hell Collie? Why are you defending that faggot?” he demanded angrily, wincing at being slammed against the lockers.

                I cautiously released him, making sure he wouldn’t tear off after Ant. I relaxed back a little when he showed no signs of doing that.

                I shrugged at him. “Ant’s not a bad guy. I think you should just leave him alone.”

                “I’ll leave him alone when he leaves me alone,” Colin grumbled.

                There was just no way in hell Colin and I could actually be twins, right? I mean, I would kill to have that attention from Ant, and Colin would kill to get rid of it.

                Anthony Andrews. I knew all about Ant. I had been crushing on him for years. Of course, no one knew that. Hell, no one knew I was gay. I couldn’t let anyone know. If you looked up homophobic in the dictionary, there would be a huge picture of my family.

                Colin wasn’t just randomly a homophobe. He got it from our parents. Go figure I would be a homosexual with the biggest homophobic assholes as my family.

                I had had classes with Ant constantly, and usually sat next to him. But I knew he never noticed me. Why would he? I wasn’t Colin. I wasn’t the boy he was crushing on.

                “Why did you get so pissed about Ant returning that letter to you anyways?” I asked Colin.

                “Because he probably read it!” he said, blushing angrily. “It was none of his business to read! He shouldn’t have even had it!”

                “Colin, calm down. What’s his name? Ant?” Emma asked, glancing at me. I nodded at her and her gaze returned to Colin. “Ant said he didn’t read it.”

                “Yea, because I’m going to believe him,” Colin grumbled, crossing his arms.

                I leaned against the lockers, watching Colin curiously. Sure, he was mean to homosexuals. But he was especially heartless to Ant. It was almost fascinating to watch. I had always wondered why he was so cruel to Ant in particular. Was it because Ant was so openly infatuated with him?

                Well, no matter. I would do whatever I could to protect Ant from my brother. I hated to see Colin hurt and embarrass him.

                Colin took a deep breath, his anger draining out of him. My brother really wasn’t such a jerk. He was actually one of the kindest people I’d ever seen. It was just with homosexuals that he got like that.

                If I hadn’t grown up with the guy, I probably would’ve thought he was a terrible person for the way he treated Ant. But I knew how our parents were, so I understood why Colin treated Ant like that. I hated it, but I understood it.

                The bell rang and Colin glanced at me, Emma, and the kids that were now with us. Colin had a ton of friends, and they seemed to follow him around everywhere.