VI

Nervously fidgeting with his sleeves, Kunikuzushi can't help but gaze outside of the window of his room, immediately seeing the lights coming from the city that is closely approaching as the ship prepares to dock.

He can feel the way his artificial heart beats within his chest, thumping so loudly. He must be nervous... but why?

Is it because it's the first time he'll be travelling?

Or perhaps it's because he's in such an enclosed space with the electro archon.

Or maybe it's because you had told him that you'll be waiting for him as soon as he arrives...

Nevertheless, Kunikuzushi tries to calm himself down. Taking deep breaths, he eases his grip on his clothes.

Looking over at his mother who is just about finished with fixing her own clothes, he timidly asks for permission to wait by the deck, saying that he wishes to get some fresh air before they arrive to which she nonchalantly lets him go.

Darting out of the room, he zooms past Yae Miko who's just about to enter the room and onto the deck where he can now fully see the entirety of the harbour of Liyue. The water glistening with the lamps that are just now starting to be lit. It makes him gape at the pretty scene before him.

You live in such a beautiful country... it suits you, in a way.

Just one look at the sight before him and it already makes him feel warm inside.

Without much thought, he gets sucked into sightseeing. Trying to point out as many differences between Liyue and Inazuma which distracts him enough to not realise that they're about to dock any second now.

"Kunikuzushi, fix your clothing." Beelzebul suddenly appears before him, her hand putting pressure on his shoulder which makes him freeze on his spot.

Smoothing out his yukata, Kunikuzushi mutters a soft apology as he walks behind his mother and Yae Miko who are now preparing themselves as the ship has finally made it to the harbour.

As the platform is being lowered, he can't help but take a peek from behind, trying to see where you are but all he can see is the geo archon who's disguised as a nobleman, his hands behind his back like usual.

You must be right behind him as well.

Taking a deep breath, he follows the two taller women as they head down, tuning out their conversation with the male archon as he desperately tries to get to your side.

Giving the geo archon a bow, Kunikuzushi can't help but let a smile occupy his lips as the three finally decide to walk off to somewhere private which finally lets him get a glimpse of you.

To say that he was surprised was an understatement.

It feels like he can't take his eyes off of you.

You're merely standing there in front of him, your usual stoic face on display and yet, the lights behind you makes you look far more ethereal than usual.

Like Celestia is right behind you...

The smile that you offer him makes him unable to breathe, hands grasping the cloth of his yukata, eyes raking your body, taking in the different outfit that you had on. Taking in your presence...

Oh how breathtaking you look right now.

You have more armour on, less colourful than your usual attire and yet, he can sense it in the air, you are far more comfortable now than you ever were before.

Like you're more at home. More at ease.

He likes seeing you like this.

Likes seeing your horns too... it's the first time he's seen it. In fact, he has never heard it before in any of the songs and stories about you...