52. Missing.

Falak chose to stay the night at her parents, it had been so long since she had some time with her family, ofcourse she felt home with her in-laws but it's never possible to stay away from our family for long. Unintentionally Wajahat frowned at her choice but he kept mum. She followed them to the gate and bid them adieu. Wajahat just grumbled at her. Biting back her smile she stepped back inside.

Mehek was busy whispering something to Tehreem, Falak tip toed behind her and jumped on her from behind. Mehek screamed at the top of her lungs, all Tehreem could do was close her eyes and ears at the moment.

"What happened!?" Ateeb and Kafeel entered the room panicked but laughed at the sight in front of them.

Mehek was still frozen on her place with eyes wide as saucers and her hand on her heart, Tehreem was having a hard time controlling her smile and she was making a feeble attempt to glare at her daughter, Falak was still busy laughing to her heart's content.

"You.... I will kill you with my bare hands today...." Mehek said walking towards her but Falak had already started running towards the stairs making funny faces at her.

"Oh really!? Catch me if you can." She laughed poking out her tongue at her. Together they ran upstairs their giggles echoing through out the house. Ateeb and Kafeel headed towards the library shaking their heads smiling at them. Tehreem just smiled towards her daughters praying for their well being from the bottom of her hearts.

*******

Wajahat was having a hard time falling asleep, he glanced at the clock, it was half past 1am but he was no way near to sleep. He grumbled, throwing the quilt away from him he got up from bed, walking towards his balcony he slid away the curtain and stared at the moonless sky. He stared puzzled at the sky because that's what he was feeling right now. Empty, he was shocked at the fact that he was missing Falak, he had not realized the fact that he had gotten used to his cute little wife.

"Cute!?" He questioned himself over his thoughts but then again smiled thinking about her. He sighed at the warm feeling he felt around his heart. Nervous at his own feelings he closed the curtains and walked back to the bed. After tossing and turning for another hour, finally he fell asleep.

He woke up around Fajar, after completing his prayer when he raised his hands for Dua he had a hard time focusing on what should he make Dua about.

"Ya Allah!! You always bless us with everything much more than we actually deserve, for truly you are the most merciful. Alhamdulillah for all the things you have blessed us with. Though there will never be enough words to thank you or seek forgiveness ya Allah please forgive us for the sins we commit, intentionally and unintentionally." With that he stood up from the prayer mat and changed into his track suit.

"Assalamu alaikum." He greeted his parents returning from his morning run.

"Walaikum assalam." Together they smiled at him. He stopped mid track looking at the luggage near their feet.

"Where are you going!?"

"To the conference in London!" Ashraf smiled at his son.

"What!? No, it was scheduled next Friday." He asked confused.

"Yes, but it was rescheduled day before yesterday because of some event issues."

"When is your flight? I might be able to join you for the conference. " he said looking at the clock.

"No, it's ok,I could use a little vacation." Wajahat laughed at his words.

"About that, when are you taking Falak out for Vacation." At his mother's words he choked on the water he was drinking.