Chapter 48: Blanket

Roman's POV

I have a math problem that I want anyone in this goddamn world to answer because, in my opinion, there's only one answer.

A ring on Alaiya's ring finger means married or at least with someone, right? Right. So then why the hell does the waiter keep scanning her body and asking her questions about our entire group's plan even though this is all organized by Sanchez and Skyler?

What if I just accidentally tripped his sorry ass and watched him fly overboard? Could it look like an accident? I think it could. His shoes look pretty slippery.

"Why do you look grumpier than usual?" Alaiya walks over to the couch I'm sitting on in the middle of the boat, looking more fucking beautiful than ever in her dress.

See, I understand why he's looking at her because are you kidding me? Look at her. But then again, why the hell is he looking at her?

"Because the waiter keeps gawking at you," I'm blunt with my words and I hope he hears me from wherever he just went.

"That's why he kept coming up to me to ask random questions?!" she says as if it's shocking.

I don't think she realizes that every single waiter and waitress on this boat has looked at her the same exact way as that waiter who won't get away from her, they just haven't been as persistent about it which is why I hate his stupid, big fucking forehead.

"No, he just really needed to ask you important details about the food placement because he didn't see the planner of this goddamn trip right there." I usher towards Sanchez near the railing with Skyler.

It looks like it finally hit Alaiya right as I say that which makes me almost roll my eyes at how oblivious she is about her perfection.

Dolphins come up in the distance which takes our attention away.

As I'm watching Rider hold up Aubrey to show her the ocean, Alaiya suddenly moves to sit in my lap.

She does it all the time so I pay no attention to it, but then she wraps her arms around me and lies into my chest which I obviously can't not pay attention to because it would be the hardest thing to do for anyone.

I look down at her and the second I do, she gives me the fucking sweetest kiss on my lips with her hand on my cheek, making my heart turn into I don't even know what because at this point, it's not even a substance anymore.

Fuck.

"What was that for?" I ask, confused.

She looks over and when I follow her eyes, I see the waiter glance at us before turning away and leaving.

"Look, now he knows that I'm yours and I made sure he saw my ring," she gleams, proud that her plan worked.

I don't even give a shit about the waiter anymore. All my mind is processing is still the 'I'm yours' part. What waiter actually?

I kiss her again, this kiss for me to show her how much I fucking love that she said that.

"I never said anything was wrong," Sanchez is heard say when Alaiya and I pull away.

"I felt it," Skyler responds.

They've been randomly arguing about dumb shit like a blanket since we got here. I think Skyler thinks that he knows and something is off with him every second, but honestly, the arguments don't even make sense so that literally can't be it. I don't like defending Sanchez. No, like it's literal torture, but he looks more concerned and confused than angry at Skyler and why she seems so stressed out.