CHAPTER 75

Valerie's POV 

No one believes me, not even my husband or my Father. If Mother didn't know about this, I would have assumed she doesn't believe me either because she keeps avoiding the topic.

This is insane.

This whole thing.

Not me. I am fine. Absolutely fine. There is nothing wrong with me except for the bandage around my head.

"You have to believe me, Father", I point out in impatience. "I know what I am saying."

He continues to remain silent, without looking shaken or shocked, making me wonder if he knows about this too.

Where the hell did Mother hear it from? She was the one who told me and I was so sure Ryan wasn't aware. I was having my doubts about it as well until that incident.

His Mother isn't even calling me and not picking up my calls. Everybody is looking at me like a crazy woman and I am desperate to see her now more than ever.

Getting evidence to back up my claim is the only way Ryan can believe me.

Or something else 

My dad. 

If my father can tell us what is between him and Mr. Lorenzo, I'm sure his true color will be revealed and that way, Ryan will believe all I am saying.

I didn't see the face of the person who hit me from behind but I am so sure he is the one, judging from the fact that he didn't father Ryan.

From his actions towards my parents too, I can tell how cruel he is.

He is responsible. He took me to the roadside to make it look like I was involved in an accident. He thought I was dead. He wanted to kill me because I was getting to figure out what was happening in that house.

"Dad!" I grab his hands but he yanks his hands away and stands upright. "Dad!" I tell in frustration. "Why is no one believing me? Do you think I am crazy too, just like Ryan? Why won't you believe me for crying out loud?!"

"I was not involved in any f***ing accident. He planned it all. He wanted to kill me…"

"Why are you still with him?" he spins back to face me, confusing the hell out of me. 

Unable to hide my confusion, I ask him. "What?!"

He clenches his fist and jaw, then points a finger at me. "Tell me why you are still with the son of the man who attempted to kill you!"

I gulp.

This is getting beyond my thinking. Every parent would want the safety of their child first before anyone else.

I came here to convince dad so he could help me talk to Ryan and then we can save his mother before it is too late. The earlier they believe me, the better.

They are killing her slowly.

"If you are this affected by all that happened a week ago, then leave him. Come back home and forget about that family", he shouts in complete anger, shocking me to the bones.

My Father barely shouts at someone. Except when he is extremely mad.

He is looking really mad. Is this because of my safety or is it something else?

"Dad…"

"Go back there and pack your things. If what you are saying is true, then you have no reason to stay there anymore."

This is becoming complicated. I can't leave Ryan, he is my husband. And he needs me now more than ever. We need to save the poor woman from that cruel man.

I shake my head. "No, Father!"

"Then shut up if you won't leave!" he begins to storm away and I rush to stop him.

With my arms blocking him from going out, I examine him carefully, as he clenches his jaw and avoids my gaze.

"Do you believe me, Dad?" I question him, hoping that at least someone would believe my whole story. It doesn't matter if it is made up, I can feel it. He is responsible.

Anger begins to dissipate from his expression and he nods without staring at me. Relief courses through my whole body and I drop my hands.

"What do you know?" I ask him the next question and he stiffens as he turns to meet my curious eyes. 

He knows something.

If only he confided in Mother about what this is about, Mother would have told me. 

I'm sure she is behind the door eavesdropping on our conversation and this is why I insisted on talking to dad alone in my room.

It is high time the truth comes to light. This is the only way we can save Mrs. Lorenzo. This is the only way Ryan can believe me.

But first, we have a soul to save.

"What do you know about this man? Who is he? Were you also aware that he is not Ryan's biological father?"

He continues to remain silent until I shift impatiently and he tries to walk past me. I block him again with pleading soft eyes.

Ryan and I ought to be taking the next step in our relationship. Not this. I never imagined this to be happening.

I wanted him to come back from work so we could straighten things out and I could be completely honest with him. But our plans have been derailed.

"Let me out, Valerie", he mumbles under his breath, the anger and aloofness coming back.

"Please, dad. Tell me what you know about him. He might kill…"

"That is none of your business. If you can't do this, leave the damn house and come back home. What the hell is wrong with you?" Why are you risking your life?"

"Why am I risking my life? Ryan is my husband, for crying out loud…"

"Since when?"

"What?!" I exclaim loudly with my brows arched at him in puzzlement.

"Since when did he become your real husband?"

Mother. This is Mother at work again. Did she tell him about the contract?

"What do you mean?" I stammer, rubbing my left hand over my right elbow in anxiety. "What do you mean by…"

"You think I don't know? You are as open as a book and I know all along that you two signed a marriage contract that will be annulled in months. Stop with the pretense already, go get your bags and come back home!" he thunders, shoving me aside while my mouth hangs open in the air in utter disbelief as she leaves my room, slamming the door behind him.

****

What is Mr. Adam hiding from Valerie and his wife?

Do you think this will help resolve the whole confusion and help reveal who the real culprit is?

Do you think Valerie should keep bugging him till he answers?

Air your views and don't forget to vote and comment.❤️