Volume 3 - Chapter 7

-Day 1-

Kiyo's POV

Today is the first day of the Zodiac Exam as me and Kaori are looking around for the room of the 'Dragon Group'.

As it turned out, neither me nor Kaori was the VIP of the Dragon Group. None of our classmates were VIPs either so we let them be for now. I also listed down all of the members of the Other Groups to figure out the pattern.

I just have to know one VIP, and I might figure it out.

Anyways, we finally found the room for the Dragon Group and I slowly opened the door. And as expected, almost everyone is sitting there doing nothing except for Class E who wasn't even there yet.

"Kukuku.., How have you been? Ayanokouji?" Ryuuen chuckled as he glared at me. I ignored him however and sat down with Kaori following beside me.

"The same can be said, Ryuuen. Did you enjoy my surprise back then?" I said somewhat smugly. Or at least I hoped it did. And at that moment, Ryuuen's smile disappeared from his face.

"Fuck off.." Yeah, back around when Sudou was suspended, I sent him tons of Shellfishes after Kaori told me he 'likes' Shellfishes. And I think he was 'happy' with that anyway.

"If you need me to send more I'll---"

"No."

"Just tell me--"

"I said NO!!" And then Kaori finally bursts into laughter with our interaction, knowing what actually happened. The others were confused but still chuckled or laughed at our interaction. And finally, Class E arrived. And to say they were confused at everyone but me and Ryuuen laughing because they didn't know what was happening. Even Katsuragi was chuckling a bit.

"Uhm..."

"Y'know what? I think I might actually enjoy this exam." I said as I tried to make myself sound smug once again. But I'm not lying. I think I'm going to enjoy tormenting this guy known as Ryuuen.

"Tch... Do as you wish bastard." And he turned away from everyone with an annoyed look on his face.

"Fufu~ Now with that out of the way, anyone wants to play? I'm bored and I don't want to really think about the exams at all--!" Kaori whined. Her energetic attitude and my earlier interaction with Ryuuen really brought everyone's spirits up, even from Class A. And decided they wanted to play as well.

"I-I mean, sure.. But what'll we play...?" Someone called Matoba asks. Kaori then unleashed a small grin as she pulls out a deck of cards, which captured Ryuuen's attention.

"Ta-da~! This is what I had in mind~!"

"K-Kaori-san.., S-shouldn't we focus---"

"Shh!!" I heard Hirata say but he was cut off by Kushida. No one really noticed this small interaction but me and Katsuragi since the others' attention were on the deck of cards in Kaori's hands, but then I noticed Kushida wink at me and then to Horikita before whispering something into Hirata's ear.

Huh?

Oh.

It's just a guess but Horikita is probably the VIP of the Dragon Group. Since earlier, Class E has been very quiet when Horikita should've been blabbering about nonsense. It was too off. They were too nervous. All but Kushida were nervous.

But I shouldn't assume things yet. So I turned my attention back to Kaori as they were deciding who will play.

"I want to play as well... Kaori."

"Kukuku... This is perfect then, Ayanokouji. Say, let's 1v1 together?" Ryuuen said confidently. Kaori's face then lit up at Ryuuen's words and a bright smile appeared on her face.