A Sudden Downfall.

A Sudden Downfall.

My hands shakily unlocked my door, and I fumbled with the handle for a few seconds. The whole drive I couldn't stop shaking. I'm still in shock, and I don't feel like myself. A cold hand rested over mine opening the door for me. "I could've died," I mumbled to myself and tripped over my sneakers that I always leave by the door.

"Key word; could've." Loki said, grabbing my arm in a firm grip leading me towards my room. 

"What if I did?" I wondered out loud as he ushered me in, and gently pushed me onto my bed. What if I had died, instead? Would Loki have run off to go do whatever he came here for? Would he be sad? Would he be happy? Why do I care what he would've done if I died? I suddenly thought.

"Let's not think about that, because you are alright. Okay? You will be fine." Loki assured. His body shifted as he was about walk out, but I held onto his arm tightly and pulled him back. He fell on my legs, but I quickly moved them. "Stay," I whispered.

He nodded and moved to be sitting up next to me.  I subconsciously leaned my head in the crook of his neck where it seemed to fit almost perfectly. He shifted a bit, making me more comfortable. "Loki?"

"Hmm?"

"You could've ran away today. I mean, you could've been free and go on with your life. Why didn't you?" I asked him, leaning closer to him.

"I don't know," he answered honestly. "I guess, I'm so used to your presence that I couldn't stand the thought of not having you there with me anymore."

"Oh." I was dumbfounded. I wasn't expecting an answer like that. I thought he only stayed, because he had no other choice. "So, if I gave you the chance to leave, would you?" I glanced up at him. His jaw tightened and he glanced down at me, his green eyes burning into mine.

"No." He whispered honestly, his minty breath overwhelming me. "Unless you wanted me to," he then added. "Do you?"

It took me a few moments to register his words in my head. He wants to be here with me, not somewhere else. Loki turned his head the opposite way, taking my silence as an answer. I snapped out of my thoughts to answer his question. My hand reached out for his cheek and I gently turned it so he would be looking at me again.

"No."

**

Two whole weeks have gone by each full of a lot of events. First of all, Loki has been a lot nicer and closer to me and has been telling me stories about him and Asgard. I could hear the admiration of his home in his voice as he told me about his pranks and how he spoke of his mother. Personally, I found it interesting to see this side of him. I've always known it was there, but there were those days when I used to doubt if the god of mischief had a heart.

Second, Thor has been visiting frequently since he loves his little brother. Besides, he likes being around us better than he does being around Tony and his technology. I don't blame him. Nothing but Pepper can get through Tony's obessision with finding new advancements to technology.