Chapter 33: Except Upon

Entering the Weathervane brought nerves to Harry's belly. Especially when he saw Xavier already wearing an apron and moving around wiping tables down. Harry blushed as he stepped into the building earning himself two pairs of eyes. One set belonging to Xavier, and the other eyes were Tyler's. Harry felt awkward not exactly sure what he was meant to do. After a moment Tyler smiled.

"Harry," the boy smiled, "I'll get you an apron." Harry flushed a bit more giving Xavier a side glance before looking down and rushing towards Tyler.

"Here you go," Tyler smiled again handing him the apron. Harry quickly took off his uniform jacket and went to reach for the apron. The same hand that was connected to the wrist Wednesday had held tightly. Tyler noticed bruising Harry had not noticed, and frowned.

"Are you alright?" Tyler asked setting the apron down, Harry's brows furrowed. "You're wrist is bruised, did you fall or something?" Harry looked down at his wrist and noticed the coloring.

"I'm okay," Harry softly whispered looking down. Holding his wrist to his chest. At this point the redness of Harry's face was bright and creeping down his neck. Tyler was concerned.

"Let's get some ice on it, and maybe wrap it up," Tyler suggested placing his hand on the small of Harry's back. He led Harry to a booth and left him there to grab the first aid kit.  Harry waited patiently, when Xavier came over. He placed hands on the table and leaned over, in a somewhat imposing manor.

"Hi," Harry whispered looking up at the boy who said he could not love him. Despite the affect such words had on him, he could not help but lack bitterness. Xavier had still treated him so kind, but maybe he was not meant to be Harry's future husband. That was okay, at least Harry tried to convince himself it was.

"You volunteering here?" Xavier asked smiling a small smile. He seemed to avoid eye contact, but not in a bad way. If that was possible.

"Yeah," Harry's whisper like voice seemed particularly quite. He hid his wrist under the table hiding it from Xavier. Tyler was fretting over Harry's wrist, he did not need Xavier to as well. Especially since Wednesday had caused it by accident, or well Enid did. All that mattered was that Xavier did not gain anymore reasons to dislike Wednesday.

Just than Tyler came back over. Xavier saw him coming and left. A frown on his face. Harry was confused but left the issue alone. He did not understand why Xavier disliked so many people, but he assumed he had his reasons. But Xavier did not love him, was not with him, therefore it was none of his business.

"Alright," Tyler said handing Harry a bag of ice which was wrapped in a towel. Harry held the ice on his wrist and sat silently.

"How did you get hurt?" Tyler asked kindly while looking through the white first aid box. Searching for things to wrap Harry's wrist which Tyler assumed was severely twisted or sprained.

"I just fell, like you said," Harry muttered garnering him a look. Tyler pulled the things from the box, looking at a red faced Harry closely.

"Has anyone ever told you, that you are a bad liar?" Tyler asked pulling Harry's wrist toward him carefully.

"It was a simple accident, and that's not a lie," Harry stuttered out. "Wednesday accidentally did it, she didn't mean to. Someone had caused her to suddenly move and she had been holding my wrist."

Tyler was not sure how to feel at this admission of who had hurt him. A weird anger sparked in him, but he remembered how harshly Harry said it was an accident.

"Alright, I believe you," Tyler said as he began dressing Harry's wrist. He made sure that the ice was positioned right so it would be the most affective. They sat their in silence gaining looks from Xavier as he swept. A dark look hidden within his eyes. He was so angry that Harry could get along with Tyler. The boy was not a good person, why could Harry not see that.

When Harry's wrist was wrapped he began to help out. Making small conversation with Tyler was near. He had to say that he was surprised at how much he enjoyed the company Tyler provided him with. Eventually Tyler needed to atte d something else leaving Harry alone in the dining room with Xavier.

"You should be careful around him," Xavier muttered jealousy burning in his body. He hated that Harry could be remotely comfortable around Tyler.

"Why do you care?" Harry whispered softly not liking the tone of implications of Xavier's words. He hated that every friend Harry seemed to gain found a way to clash with Xavier. It did not help that he had been ignored earlier that day.

"Because, I care about you, Harry," Xavier said low in his voice. He felt so conflicted.

"But not enough to love me," Harry knew it was low to bring up such a thing. He thought he felt no bitterness, but Harry was no longer sure.

"Harry, this isn't the place for a conversation like that," Xavier said strained. He hated the words he had told Harry that night. Despite that he truly did not know how he felt about Harry. Harry was beautiful, and kind, and just too wonderful for someone like him.

"I know," Harry muttered so softly, sadness somewhat evident. "I'm sorry, I should not have brought it up." Before Xavier could speak again Harry scurried off to do something else. He felt bad and upset. Why did he have to say that? Was he stupid? Now Xavier would hate him. Would he make fun of Harry, gossip with his friends. A million sceneries ran through Harry's mind as he did his best to keep himself busy. Why did he always have to ruin the good things in his life?

XxX

I gift you with a new chapter! I do this while playing monopoly when I should be lacking for my trip that I leave for in less than eight hours. It also happens to be past my self appointed bedtime!

Please comment to help energize me for several hours in a car! During that ride I will be working on Oneshots so I am taking selective Requests!!!!

I expect all requests no matter how weird as long as they involve a Bottom Harry! Although crossovers are weird since I've only seen so many things.

So as I behave irresponsibly, enjoy my writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!