Chapter 34: Occasions

"Wednesday?" Harry softly questioned when he noticed what appeared to be Wednesday standing before the bulletin board. Xavier heard this and went over to Harry so he could also see Wednesday. Trying to ignore the tension he and Harry had.

"I thought you were supposed to be at Pilgrim World," Xavier told the girl as he picked up the dishes off the table that Harry had been sent to get.

Wednesday turned and responded, "I deserted it while my sanity was still intact." The girl than began walking toward Harry and Xavier. Her lack of emotional perception prevent her from noticing the awkwardness between the pair.

"Oh, yeah?" Xavier asked leaning against the counter. "Want a coffee? It's one of the many perks of this wonderful assignment."

"Actually I'm here for Tyler," Wednesday told the taller boy making him feel a little upset, "and Harry of course." The addition of his name brought a soft smile to Harry's pretty face.

"I told you he was bad news," Xavier said looking down, voice weak. Harry did not understand what issue Xavier had with Tyler, and the Nevermore boy had not explained the issue. Why could he not have a single friend who got along with another one of his friends? Although Wednesday and Tyler did get along.

"Twice," Wednesday responded quicky. "But who I talk to is my business." Harry giggled just a small little giggle at the words. He sounded adorable and looked stunning. Wednesday wanted to hide the boy away. Trap him from boys like Xavier who thought they deserved to enter Harry's heart and his body. The girl did not know the deep thoughts and issues that filtrated through Xavier's mind.

Wednesday reached over and tapped the bell. On a cue it seemed Tyler was stepping out from what Harry assumed was the back room.

"You rang?" Tyler asked with a small smile. Harry happily gave him a little wave using his fingers, revealing the bandage around his wrist. Wednesday's dark eyes trained on the bandage a fire in her eyes. Who had hurt her Harry?

"Want the usual?" Tyler asked as a scoff left Xavier. Harry watched as the boy stepped away eyes filled with concern. His emotions felt like a waterfall and all messy. He did not like it very much.

"And some help," Wednesday says going over to a table. "But first I want to know what happened to Harry's wrist." Harry felt nervous at the question, what should he do? Despite her emotionlessness, Harry knew his injury would affect her, especially since she caused it. In reality it was not that big of a deal, but Harry was delicate. It would be no surprise if he was lacking a vitamin or more. He was tiny and not the healthiest.

"I just fell!" Harry squeaked quietly yet boldly. He wanted her to believe him. Wednesday could sense his nerves and lies. Something she had never been tolerant about.

"Do not lie to me Harry," the girl accused bringing a blush to the paleness of Harry's cheeks. His green eyes looked down not sure what to say.

"You did it," Tyler answered for Harry to get the situation over with. "His wrist got twisted while you were dragging him along." Internally Wednesday was angry with herself. Externally she would never let that be revealed.

"You know the original pilgrim meeting house, the one from the 1600s?" Wednesday asked avoiding the topic for now. At a later time she would deal with her act against her precious. Unaware that ignoring it sent a pant of sadness right into Harry's heart.

"Is it still around?" Harry asked with a sense of hesitation in his voice. Wednesday did not catch the hidden hurt in his voice, leading him to a mental spiral. A part of him felt very selfish and dramatic. Although his childhood lacked love and he was a teenager.

"What's left of it is in Cobham Woods," Tyler spoke on a mumble, "but it's pretty much in a ruin." Harry looked at the map that Wednesday laid out on the table. He did not really understand what he was looking at.

"Show me," Wednesday demanded giving Harry and off feeling. It did not matter that her words were directed towards Tyler.

"Uh..." Tyler muttered as he looked down at the map. "There, but, look, it's kind of sketchy. Squatters and meth heads use that place as a crash pad. My dad has it cleared out every couple weeks." Harry looked at the spot he pointed to and furrowed his eyebrows. It looked like nothing more than a dark green blob. His mind also could not help but wonder what a squatter was.

"What's this about?" Tyler questioned. This was something Harry wanted to know as well. He could make a guess but he underestimated his intelligence. It is very likely that he would be wrong.

"Nothing," Wednesday quickly refolding the map. The quick answer captured hid attention peaking his curiosity.

Harry's wondering did end however with Tyler's next words, "You're becoming obsessed with this monster in the woods thing." It made sense to Harry, he wanted answers too, but was also afraid of the truth. What horror wod be revealed and would they ruin the happiness he was slowly finding?

"Would you rather I develop an obsession with horses and boy bands?" Wednesday snarked back. A giggle bubbled in Harry's throat. He loved when Wednesday spoke in sarcasm.

"I like horses," Harry did whisper softly. Wednesday turned her eyes to the boy seeing his smile. It was then she considered maybe getting Harry a horse. As long as he would smile like that, pretty and sparkling.

"Thank you for your help," Wednesday spoke stepping away. "Come Harry." The small boy followed after her clinging to her arm. They walked towards the door, but paused when Tyler opened his mouth to speak.

"Hey, listen," Tyler said following behind the pair, causing them to turn and face him, "the ruins are kind of tricky to find. I could take you this afternoon. My shift ends at two. Plus Harry is hurt." The last part made her consider for half of a second. This half ended and she told the boy her thoughts.

"Principal Weems would hang, draw and quarter me if I miss the statue dedication." Harry nodded. He considered mentioning how fun that might be, but choose to stay silent. The words did not seem to be of good contribution.

"And," Wednesday went on, "as enticing as that sounds, I'd prefer to keep a low profile. Besides, I know my way around the great outdoors, and am plenty capable of protecting Harry." Harry smiled a bit at the thought of Wednesday protecting him, it gave him a warm feeling.

"Don't tell me you were a Girl Scout," Tyler joked with sarcasm and disbelief. Harry leaned his head against Wednesday's arms, fluttering his long eye lashes.

"I could eat Girl Scouts for breakfast," Harry giggled softly. "I have an uncle who went to prison for that." Wednesday turned with Harry on her arm. With great interest Harry quizzed Wednesday about the uncle mentioned.

"Did he say what they tasted line?" Harry questioned as they walked towards the door.

"Yes, they tasted line chicken," Wednesday indulged, "and thin mints."

XxX

I truly am sorry for the long break. A lot is going on and I'm not sure how to feel about it. I was also away on a trip and had zero time.

I definitely need some help with motivation, and would adore comments!!!

Please let me know what you may want to see in the future! Have a wonderful day or night and if you ever need anything just private message me!

Who should Harry go to the dance with?

Who should Wednesday go with?