Chapter Eighteen: While I Live And Until I Die

Picture is Avengers Eating Swarma in Avengers end scene by Marvel Studios.

Music is "Avengers Assemble" by London Music Works, also end credit scene from Avengers.

All rights go to their rightful owners.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"While I live and until I die, I am an Avenger." ~Wanda Maximoff

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The very next day, Pietro, Wanda, and I march up to the conference room where we had called an Avengers meeting. The only ones who aren't present are Steve, Sam, and Thor. My hands shake with anxiety. My abilities are going to freak them out, I know it.

Pietro walks up behind me and wraps his arms around me. "Don't fear, Glory. I am here."

Simple words never felt so good.

Before we enter, Thor walks up behind us. He smiles and greets us. "Hey, Thor, you're back!"

"Yes, I have returned from Asgard," he answers. "I bring news of your Einstein-Rosenberg Bridge and your abilities."

"You know of my powers?" I ask, not very surprised.

"Yes, Lady Glory. Heimdall saw what you are capable of, and I must say, you are a very powerful mutant."

"She does not know her true potential yet," Wanda says. "When I looked into your mind, I saw a huge power. Something much greater than levitation and telescopic vision."

"You did?" I ask.

She nods. "We should talk to the Avengers about this now. Lead the way, Thor."

Thor opens the door for the three of us and we walk in to Tony leading a conversation about some funny story. Everyone is laughing. I turn to Pietro, and whisper, "Maybe I shouldn't do this."

"You told me to not let you change your mind, Glory," he says, conflicted. "Please, do this for yourself. You will feel relief. I promise."

I nod, reassured. He kisses me softly, prolonging it before we break up the causal talk. Tony turns to me, and asks, "So, Glory, what's this emergency you called us all in for?"

My throat seals up; I can't speak a word. I feel my mind shutting down. Anxiety takes over and my fight or flight instincts kick in. I hear a crack behind me and then a loud shattering noise. The vase on the table is in a million pieces, looking like it collapsed in on itself. Tony raises an eyebrow and the rest of the Avengers look at me with cautious eyes.

I turn around to face Pietro, and mouth, "Help me," with my eyes wide.

Pietro nods and begins to explain everything. From my vision issues in my world all the way until yesterday afternoon when he first witnessed my powers. Wanda adds notes every now and then about what she witnessed in my mind.

They listen intently, looking at me every now and then from the corners of their eyes.

When the Maximoffs finish, Thor says, "Heimdall saw all of this. He knew something was strange about Glory, but now he knows why. I went to the elders with him to seek their knowledge, and they told me what might have caused the portal and Glory's powers."

"Do tell," Rhodey says.

"The elders believe that someone of immense power created the Einstein-Rosenberg Bridge. It was not a natural phenomenon. A mutant, perhaps a god from my realm caused it. He used the lose places in time and space to slip Pietro through to another world."