Chapter 2.9 - Interrogation

Screams were heard within the pitch-black room, "Ahhhhhhhhh!" There were five guys in the room, and they were the only ones who could hear the agonizing screams that filled it. The lone exhausted adult was surrounded by four young people and restrained tightly at the arms and feet, seated on a chair.

The five of them were shielded from the outside world by a very powerful visual wind that enveloped them. Aids them in preventing being heard by a person and being seen inside. Therefore, there was no issue with them making some loud noises.

The bandit who was knocked unconscious to be dragged for questioning was the one who was tied up in a chair. Uncontrollably shaking, he was experiencing a strong shock throughout his body. Long durations of forced tetany caused his muscles to hurt and become weak. He had no clothing on, and both shoes and weapons had been seized. His body was marked by burns or other obvious injuries.

The Crown Prince, a young man, was peering down at the bandit in front of him and requesting, "I'll ask again. Reveal your allegiance and objective." His hands were seen with obvious electric sparks. Daichi, Asher, and Riku were standing next to the Crown Prince and were all casting chilly glances toward the Bandit.

The bandit remained silent. Only his evident pant could be heard through his lips. His mind was racing like crazy. He had no idea that the person whose killing they were supposed to carry out in that carriage was related to the Crown Prince.

'I should never have agreed to kill and joined from the beginning if it was connected to THE SON OF THE KING!' In his head, he yelled.

Daichi stated with his arms crossed, "He won't speak."

A man with black hair and a short ponytail on the back of his head stepped forward and asked, "Your Highness, should I cut his arm?" Asher was already holding the hilt of his blade in his waist, grinning expecting the bandit to be afraid.

When the bandit heard him, he flinched. If he remembered correctly, these men were responsible for the death of their boss. He insulted the boss severely, which caused him to lose concentration during the battle and be slain. 'That fool!'

The bandit screamed in pain as Haru once more created lightning magic in his hands and ran it through the bandit's body. He sobbed in pain. Haru said, "There's no need. It will merely stain the floor."

Asher sighed in response to Haru's rejection of his suggestion to cut the bandit's arm. He truly wanted to cut him, but there was nothing he could do. Riku, who was in the rear and Witnessed everything, remained silent.

As he waited for responses, Haru said, "Reveal your allegiance and objective. I'll let you free if you spill everything."

The bandit's body was shaking so violently that sweat was now pouring down his body and onto the ground. He finally started speaking. He wished not to accept death. He has to be alive! He still has a lot more thefts to commit!

The four furrowed their eyes when The Bandit said, "I-It was...L-lord Fasty's order."

Dumbfounded, Daichi questioned, "The Viscount?"

Asher exclaimed angrily, "Ha! That bastard truly did it!"

"Speak, what happened? " he demanded as Haru turned to face him. Daichi did as well. Riku just let Asher says the detail. They had somber, chilly eyes.

Asher went into great detail about what had occurred within the Viscount's Inn. He described the interaction and difficulty he brought on for Hiroka. Asher finally finished his explanation, and Haru's blood began to boil.

Haru dispersed his wind magic around them with his raised left hand. Before walking and opening the door, Haru looked up at them and said, "Prepare the horses. Will go there right away."

Haru swung the door wide and continued, "Riku, You'll stay here and go to your dorm. Stay with Hiro, and Daichi...escort him." Riku and Daichi nodded in his direction.

Asher pointed to the bandit who was likewise staring at Haru with hope and exhaustion, asked, "Your Highness, what about him?"

"..."

Asher and Riku were surprised by Haru's response when he finally spoke after a little period of silence: "Set him free, without any blood spilled on the floor."

It took the bandit some time to comprehend what the Crown Prince was saying. His face was suddenly filled with horror.

"Y-your Highness! S-spare Me, please!"

Asher nodded and said, "As you desire, Your Highness."

The Bandit repeatedly shouted to Haru, "Y-your Highness," but Haru ignored him. Daichi and Riku then left the room, leaving only Asher remained with the Bandit.

The bandit kept pleading for mercy with The Crown Prince, but Haru was no longer able to hear him as the door shut.

Alongside his best friend, Daichi said, "I thought you'll set him 'free'," as they moved into the dim hallway.

Riku was interested in the cause, so he listened to the Crown Prince's answers.

Haru said with clear conviction, "I'm freeing him," which only caused Daichi to sigh. "You and the King, of course..."

***

"This is it."

Daichi and Riku were standing in front of Dorm 145 when Daichi stopped Riku from entering because his clothes were stained with the blood of the bandits he had killed. Daichi then handed Riku some clean clothes to change into.

Daichi returned the nod of thanks from Riku and then excused himself, saying that he still had work to do with the Crown Prince and Asher. Daichi walked out. Before unlocking the door, Riku gave it three knocks on the door.

When entering, Riku heard Hiroka say, "You here." He had an uneasy look on his face as he was sitting on a bed. No matter how he closes his eyes, he cannot fall asleep. So he made the decision to wait for Riku to join him.

The dorm has a straightforward layout similar to that of the Boon's Inn, although it is larger and has better-quality furnishings. It includes two desks along the side and a double-deck bed for two people to sleep on. Riku could see only one window in front of him. The dorm was good. Although their belongings were already at the bed's edge but had not yet touched.

"So how was it?"

Riku understood what he was asking when he said, "Viscount...It was all Viscount's command to kill you."

Hiroka was startled, but he soon became calm as he recalled what the Viscount had said to him earlier when they had been in his inn. 'Y-you! I'll order or direct my men to let you suffer in jail.'

'He must have changed his mind,' Hiroka thought as he sighed, and answered Riku, "I see..."