Muichiro x Reader

Thanks @yyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for the request!
————————————————————————

Muichiro POV

Staring off into the distance, I allowed my mind to wander to the horizon.  The sun was rising to bring a fresh morning.  Birds chirped merrily to the tune of their own songs.  A wave of peace washed through me.  It was going to be a beautiful day. 

A hand on my shoulder snapped me from my daze as my head turned to look at my partner.  Y/n stared back with a soft smile on his lips.  My face warmed with the reminder of where I was going and who I was going with. 

The mission I had been assigned didn't seem too dangerous and surely didn't require two demon slayers but I wasn't about to send y/n away.  In fact this would be the perfect opportunity for me.  There's been a few things I've been meaning to tell him and no proper moment to do it until now. 

"Are you ready to go, little prince?" he asked kindly.  My face warmed instantly as I offered only a small nod.  Y/n chuckled, linking his arm with mine and guiding me forward away from headquarters.  This was surely going to be an eventful time together.

Mitsuri POV

Peeking around the corner, I hid my shocked expression from the pair of boys.  They were walking away arm in arm with Muichiro's face being very red.  They were just too cute together! 

It was clear that they both liked each other by the way y/n would ruffle Muichiro's hair and rest his head on his shoulder lovingly.  With Muichiro's constant blushing around y/n, it was clear that the admiration was returned as well.  It was too bad that both of them were so clueless.  They were aware of their own emotions but the fear of rejection was going to ruin their chance at happiness. 

I knew what I had to do.  I loved them both and to stand by, watching them suffer like this was just as painful.  This was my mission and by god, I'd ensure that the two were brought together no matter what it took.

Y/n POV

Glancing at Muichiro for the millionth time since we've left headquarters, I noticed that he still had a small frown on his face.  It wasn't unusual for him but the way his eyes shone made him look deep in thought, possibly even concerned. 

"Are you alright?" I asked yet again.  I was probably bugging him at this point but I cared about him and wanted his mind to be clear so we could finish our mission with no casualties.  Muichiro slid his gaze to me as he gave a small nod. 

With a sigh, I refocused on the trail ahead of us.  There was no way to know what was going on behind that pretty face I suppose.  It made me nervous though, the way he looked worried didn't settle my nerves.  It was going to drive me crazy if we continued like this. 

Trying to distract myself, I took in the pleasant scenery around us to keep my eyes off of Muichiro.  It was hard considering that he was the most beautiful thing out here but I managed to distract myself from his nervous fidgeting long enough to calm myself down.  He would tell me what he was thinking about when he was ready.  Panicking over nothing wouldn't help either of us. 

I began to hum to myself to ease the tension.  It was a soft melody that brought back fond memories, a smile growing along my face.  It happened to be the same song that I had heard when dancing with Muichiro a year ago when we met. 

The boy by my side tilted his head, hopefully recognizing the tune.  Looking over to him concluded what I had hoped, Muichiro's face a pink hue.  A chuckle slid past my lips at his wide eyed expression.  He truly was the cutest.  His eyes practically sparkled as he stared at me. 

"I've heard that before," he whispered incredulously.  I stopped humming to smile at him, my hand reaching for his as I slowly spun him around.  He eagerly followed the motion, right into my chest where I dipped him slightly.  His hair fell over his shoulder in a cascade of darkness. 

"We danced to that song last year at the Full Moon Festival.  It's where we met," I cheerily explained.  Muichiro's blush darkened as his hands gripped my shoulders to steady himself.  I didn't release him from my hold yet though.  I was too lost in his beautiful blue eyes. 

Time seemed to slow down for a moment as our stares turned suddenly passionate.  It was like a gate had broken, a flood of emotions washing through my chest.  As if on cue, flowers from the blooming trees began to float down around us even without a breeze.  It was dramatic, like I stepped into a dream. 

Our intimate gazes never broke.  The petal of a flower landed on Muichiro's cheek, as if inviting me to move closer.  One of my hands lifted to hold his face, my finger brushing the petal off his smooth skin as he took a sharp breath. 

"I like you," he whispered shakily.  My eyes widened in shock even though it shouldn't have been surprising.  Smiling down at him still being held in my arms, I was overcome with happiness.  Pressing my forehead against his, I sighed gratefully. 

"I was hoping I'd be the first to say that," I whispered back.  Muichiro's eyes flicked from my eyes to my lips, his expression one of bashful curiosity.  Warmth spread into my face as I leaned in further. 

"Wooo!  Finally!  I'm so proud of you Muichiro!" a sudden voice yelled out from above us.  I snapped my head back to spot Mitsuri in the tree's branches, her legs swinging happily.  She waved down to us enthusiastically with a victorious smile spread across her face.  It was clear where the falling flowers had come from now. 

"I swear I didn't bring her along," Muichiro sighed in mock exhaustion.  I chuckled as I held him closer.  It didn't matter to me.  I had Muichiro now and nothing could ruin this moment.  The flowers were a nice touch anyways, I'd have to remember to thank Mitsuri later.