psa: you can only call it a first kiss if all parties consent to it!

"You've been pretty quiet."

It's a little funny, hearing that from Tora, who's scooted all the way on the other side of the backseat—just as quiet, if not more, than you are. For someone who's supposed to be going home with 'some girl', he's awfully antsy.

Though, true to his observation, you aren't faring any better.

After that swift encounter with Takuya at the elevator, you were rightfully spooked. You're sure you haven't met him outside of tonight, yet he somehow knows about your connection with Itto. What's more is that he specifically told you to stay away . As if he's the legal wife, and you're the homewrecking mistress. Before you could even say anything in response, the rude gentleman already stepped out of the lift and out of your sight.

You half-wanted to make Takuya's driver turn around so you could give him a piece of your mind because first, how dare a complete stranger tell you what to do. Second, you don't have to stay away from Itto at all.

He's going to leave you and the shop sooner or later anyways.

You should be happy—excited even. Tonight, you're joining one of your dearest...friends in a celebration that's near-sacred to all of them. You even have one of their own in tow as an unexpected surprise. But instead, the realization of how temporary Itto really is in your life makes you slump further into the leather upholstery, not really in the mood to engage Tora in small talk.

Thankfully, the kid seems to get the hint, and doesn't utter another word until you arrive at your destination.

As you step out of the vehicle, Tora makes his driver swear his real whereabouts into secrecy—something that the elderly man doesn't mind upholding. He also says something about Tora being much happier in the company of his big brother anyways; a few words that make you snap out of that momentary haze of desolation when you remember why you're even here in the first place.

It's New Year's Eve, and you're here to enjoy the last day of the year.

Tora helps guide you up the hill despite your protests—something about not wanting to ruin your dress and heels. Well, while your attire isn't the most appropriate for a hill-top celebration, you can manage! But in the midst of your light-hearted bickering, you don't notice the small crowd approaching the two of you from the peak.

"Tora?"

You both freeze up at the sound of Haru's voice, glancing in tandem at the small party that came to welcome you. Shinobu has her hands full with a small, digital camera, looking just as surprised as her companions. Itto is holding what seems like a roasted lavender melon driven through a stick, jaw unhinged as Haru—the most flabbergasted out of the present company—keeps himself from bursting to tears.

"Hey," Tora greets them sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

The sight is almost comical—the gang in their usual, comfortable clothes, and the both of you dressed to kill. You knew you should've accepted Tora's offer of dropping by your apartment for a change of—

Your train of thought is cut short when Tora lets out a sharp yell once Haru nearly tackles him to the ground—giving him a couple of intense noogies as his eyes glisten with tears. In the corner of your eye, the flash from Shinobu's camera goes off as she documents the precious moment shared between these two brothers—a small smile ghosting her usually stoic features.

For a moment, you feel sort of guilty for letting yourself stew in your sulkiness back in the car. Tonight is supposed to be for these siblings, and seeing them finally reunited again makes your chest warm with glee. But before you can continue appreciating their display of brotherly affection, you feel someone else staring at you.