1) I Want you!

Veronica's pov

"Doctor Veronica sidorov?..."
I placed my coffee mug down and looked at my subordinate.

"Ward no 16"
Dr. Matthew rolled his eyes.

I sighed.
"Don't worry, Doctor... I'll handle it for you but I need to attend my patients in fifteen minutes..."

Doctor Matthew has just joined our hospital after working in America and the first patient he got is some important personality from the Russia.

I feel bad for Doctor Matthew that he couldn't earn the trust of the patient and now I have to attend his patient because per their opinion, I am the most experienced doctor in this hospital. Note the sarcasm!

And let me tell you it's not fun at all.

"Thanks... Don't worry I'll attend your patients..."
He said, disappointment flashing on his face.
He is an excellent doctor and I understand that this treatment must have scratched his ego.

"Thanks!"
I cut the conversation short and head towards the ward no 16.

Number 16 never felt so unique before.
I don't know why but my heart picked up the race when ward came to my view.

This patient is the most difficult and mysterious patient of my life.

Vladimir Volkov!

Last month his bodyguards brought him here battered in his own blood, he was critical. It was a major car accident. Our team successfully treated him with extra care because of course he is a VIP patient. He has literally tricked the death.

Later I came to know that he is one of the richest businessman in Russia and that explains his tantrums. His bodyguards are always around, looking and checking everyone suspiciously, Even medicines and it's so irritating.

He demanded the best doctor in the hospital and they made me a scapegoat, The hospital authorities had strictly ordered his priority . This man has very short temper and almost all nurses has cried while treating him. And the results are, no one is ready to enter this ward except me.

He hasn't said anything to me yet, he stays quiet when I am treating him but that doesn't mean I am not nervous around him. He has something in him which makes me feel conscious around him.

I took a deep breath and entered the ward. My heart skipped a beat when he looked up at me with his egle eyes. I never imagined that grey can be this terrifying, yet here I am, afraid to look into eyes of my patient. I quickly looked away from his icy eyes.

I placed my stethoscope on the counter.
"Good evening, Mr. Volkov"
No answer from him but I could feel his gaze on my back. He always does this. It feels like he is the one who is examining me.

His eyes does something to me. It feels like I am tied down. Whenever his skin touches me, my body sets on fire. His every move....

God! Stop it.

I checked his x-rays and turned towards him.
His injuries has almost healed. Today I'll remove the cast from his wrist and then it's done. He is free to go home. And I am free to prioritise my patients, because of his weird behavior people think we are doing something.

I tried to control my hammering heart which is uncontrollable due to his eyes on me. Even if he is injured, his raven black hair is styled neatly, perfect sharp jaw, light stubble and pointed nose.

I have never seen a handsome man like him. He is like an artist's favourite sculpture to which he gives extra attention.

"You have shown a great recovery, Mr. Volkov.."
Despite of the storm inside me I managed to deliver it confidently. Still no answer.