Chapter 33: The Great Game: pt 3

***Recap***

(Picking up Nikki's coat to help her put it on before putting on his own, he turns back to him.)

Sherlock: I'd be lost without my blogger.

***Now***

(After a taxi ride during which, the boys and Nikki arrive at New Scotland Yard and are following Detective Inspector Lestrade across the general office towards his office.)

Lestrade: You like the funny cases, don't you? The surprising ones.

Sherlock: Obviously.

Lestrade: You'll love this. That explosion ...

Nikki (briefly exchanging glares with Detective Sergeant Donovan as she walks past her desk): Gas leak, yes?

Lestrade: No.

Nikki/Sherlock: No?

Lestrade: No. Made to look like one.

John: What?

(By now they're in Lestrade's office and Sherlock stops and stares down at a white envelope lying on a desk. Nikki also turned to look at the envelope noticing the handwriting that addressed herself and her mate.)

Lestrade: Hardly anything left of the place except a strong box - a very strong box - and inside it was this.

(He points to what the mates were looking at.)

Sherlock: You haven't opened it?

Lestrade: It's addressed to you and Miss Mikaelson, isn't it?

(Sherlock reaches towards the envelope.)

Lestrade: We've X-rayed it. It's not booby-trapped.

Sherlock (hesitating slightly): How reassuring(!)

(He picks up the envelope and takes it across the room to another table that has an anglepoise lamp on it. Holding the envelope close to the bulb he examines both sides carefully. On the front in elegant handwriting are the words "Sherlock Holmes & Nichole Mikaelson- by hand.")

Sherlock: Nice stationery. Bohemian.

Lestrade: What?

Nikki: From the Czech Republic. No fingerprints?

Lestrade: No.

Sherlock (looking closely at the writing): She used a fountain pen. A Parker Duofold - iridium nib.

John: "She"?

Nikki/Sherlock: Obviously.

John (struggling not to sigh): Obviously(!)

(Sherlock picks up a letter opener from the desk and carefully slits the envelope open. He looks inside and his mouth opens a little in surprise as he reaches in and takes out a pink iPhone. Nikki raised an eyebrow in surprise.)

John (shocked): But that's - that's the phone, the pink phone.

Lestrade: What, from the Study in Pink?

Sherlock: Well, obviously it's not the same phone but it's supposed to look like ...

(He stops when he realizes what Lestrade just said. He turns to face him. Sally has come into the room to put some files down on a desk near the door. Nikki had also turned towards Lestrade in shock at what he said.)