09

As much as Leoni would never admit it, in his first year at Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College, also commonly known as Tokyo Jujutsu high, even if he had stepped a foot literally only two times into that supposedly religious school, he had learned more in those ten months or so of school than in his entire life. He had grown stronger, even if the majority of the school year he was trying to control his cursed energy, and for the past months, he tried to improve as much as he could so he could in some way discover his technique that still hadn't shown itself. Gojo assured him that he had one, it's just that his technique seemed to be 'shy'. But he didn't only improve as a sorcerer, he also evolved as a person, his attitude changing through the months. He had met Misaki, this year. Misaki was his best friend. As much as Satoru. Gojo kept telling him how the older girl had changed him for the better, wiping off this rude and cold attitude he always had. Her cheerful persona may have influenced a little bit the first year, but only for the best. They would train together, do missions together, eat together most of the time, and more and more. Those two were inseparable. They were made to meet one day and become the greatest of friends that would always have their back.

Misaki had helped him become a greater version of himself and for that, he would forever be thankful.

Leoni has always been a lonely person, the loneliness being somewhat comfortable. He was always fine all alone. But when Satoru and then Misaki, his two best friends, popped up into his life, he was reluctant to now befriend them, mostly Misaki, but after a couple of nights staying awake and thinking about it, the company of some people wouldn't hurt. And even if he hated to admit it, a bit of change was needed. He was more of the type to love and worship everything that would never change for anything in the world, but more he thought about it and more he realized that sometimes, change was the only path to follow for someone's own well-being.

But of course, some things would always remain the same, whether someone would like to change them or not. Humans liked to stay in the routine. A routine that would remain the same until their death or a routine that would change every once in a while, some people not being able to live without any changes. Leoni would have said to be the first type. To follow a routine that he would follow for his life, but without his consent, he had gotten himself into the second type, someone with a routine, but not as immortal as the other routine he would have liked to follow for eternity.

Changes were refreshing. Only when they were good ones. Because of course, what would be the path of life without some difficulty on everyone's way? But whether someone had made the right choice or bad choice, they would only know later in the future. Near or far away future, both could have the same destructive impact on someone's life. A seemingly insignificant choice could in the future change the entirety of your life, for the best or for the worst. Whether your choice was influenced by emotions, logic, or any other things that could influence a human, the choice had been made and once it's done, there's no going back. There's never any coming back, unfortunately.

At that moment, Leoni and Misaki were in the back seats of a black car that was driven by no one else than Ijichi, Leoni's head resting on top of the shorter girl's left shoulder as he watched the youtube video Misaki had put on her screen for the both of them, the two sometimes letting out a few laughs or a brief comment before putting their attention back on the screen displaying the video.

At this time of the year, towards the end of the winter, where all the negativity that people felt while the ending of fall and the whole winter, was slowly but surely transforming itself into curses, the same phenomenon happening each year. A normal phenomenon, but not any less annoying. It was always worst in the spring and summer. Misaki had once taken care to explain to the first year this phenomenon, said first-year always ready to know more kept this important information safely in his brain. The duo had more missions than ever, but it's not like it bothered them. They actually enjoyed going on missions, as long as the other was at their side.