╟ Chapter 187: Familiar Flame ╢

After the whole fiasco at the banquet hall, your comrades managed to escape from Orochi's castle and ran all the way to the region of Ringo to hide from the pursuers. There they would meet up with Kanjuro to discuss their findings while they were gathering information. You, on the other hand, returned to the forge at the Flower Capital. It was still safe for you to hang around as long as you didn't head in the crowded areas of the capital. Or the districts were you will find most of Orochi's men.

Your thoughts returned to the automaton you found in the castle when you took a small break. You still wondered its functions in this country, or if it was related in any means to the World Government. It was an intricate machine, and it's not like the Marines didn't supervise in the making of human weapons. Kuma was an example, but could it be possible there was another model before him? One that Dr. Vegapunk probably tested as alpha?

"Pacifistas...What exactly is the main goal by creating them in the first place? Isn't it too much even in handling pirates?" you wondered out loud.

"Pon pon! ♪ "

"No, I don't have food on me-...Eh? EH?!!!!" you paled as you whipped your head around to see the tanuki from before, dancing with a merry expression. "DON'T TELL YOU FOLLOWED ME ALL THE WAY HERE?! WHAT DO YOU WANT ALREADY?!"

"O(y/n), pets are forbidden in Kajiba" Daichi merely said blankly while passing by you without even a second glance.

"It's not mine! That tanuki is just sticking to me for some reason..." you pouted angrily, causing Sadao to laugh as he was standing nearby.

"Ne, you should give it a name!"

"Don't encourage this behavior" Hideo sweatdropped next to his twin.

"Mm...Oh! I know! Kotaro! Because of much shine that bell of his brings!" Sadao grinned, and this name seems to make the raccoon dog happy because he was drumming on his belly wildly. "Kotaro it is!"

"WHY DON'T YOU ADOPT HIM THEN?!" you snapped, causing the others to chuckle.

"DAICHI-SAN!!!"

One of the blacksmiths came running at the owner, looking panic and rather pale for his skin complexion. He murmured something in the old man's ear while pointing at you, and it was now Daichi's turn to look like a ghost.

"What's going on, old man? Something wrong with O(y/n)?" Sadao questioned.

"It's about the sword she repaired a few days ago...The owner is at the back, demanding to see her" Daichi answered.

"WHAT?!" panicked the twins in unison.