grocery store

Aurora had Theo in her arms.

They were in the living room, watching a movie. Their bodies wrapped in blankets, Theo's head on her shoulder, a popcorn in his mouth. He smiled. This was the most comfortable he'd ever been.

The movie night was his idea. He digged up old movie CDs that Aurora used to watch with the help of her brother. After they had dinner with her family, Harry and Theo grew close, Lily developed a habit of calling Theo regularly, and her uncles kept on texting him to ask him about plants. Her dad even added him to their group chat.

Theo was over the moon that he got himself a big new family. Something that he'd never had before. It was always just him and his mom. He'd always wanted uncles and a brother. And now he had them. Better yet, he also had the girl of his dreams, here, in their living room, watching a cheesy old romcom that he didn't even know the title of. But most importantly, he was with Aurora.

He looked at her - and remembered that she just did her final auror academy test today. Being an auror had always been her dream, she told him that all throughout seventh year.

"How did your final test go?" said Theo. A smile formed on Aurora's lips.

"I think I did fine," she answered.

"Just fine?" he asked teasingly, looking up at her. He leans forward and kisses her cheek.

"Okay," Aurora laughed. "Dad said I was pretty fucking great."

Theo's grin grew wider. "That's my girl," he proudly claimed, holding her tighter than he did before. She giggled, and they continued watching their movie.

"Rory?" he suddenly called.

"Yeah?"

"I'm proud of you."

Aurora took his hand and planted a kiss. "Thank you, love."

The TV now was showing a young couple in a grocery store, walking around, tossing in random items to their trolley.

"Why is it," Aurora started, her fingers twirling around Theo's curls. "that in every one of these movies, they're always in a grocery store?"

"Grocery stores are aesthetically pleasing to me for some reason," Theo answered, his words muffled by the amount of popcorn he was chewing. "I've never been to a proper grocery store though. A muggle one."

"You wanna?" she offered. But it sounded as if she was challenging him.

He only stared at her, not saying a word, blinking merely once. His eyebrows furrowed at her words, at her tone.

"What?" she said, "Are you scared, pureblood? Is sacred 28 Nott scared of muggles and their grocery stores?"

He scoffed. Theo loved how Aurora has always pushed his buttons.

"You bet I can take on a challenge, half blood."

And that's what they did.

The ride to the grocery store was eventful.

They blasted music, the windows were down, and they didn't use any magic at all. Aurora insisted so Theo could have the full muggle experience. It was peculiar, a pureblood screaming the lyrics to Party In the USA.

She looked at him as he drove, still singing along, the wind blowing through his hair. Gosh, he looked perfect.

"So," Theo started, as he lowered the volume of the song. "What's the store name again?"

"Asda," Aurora answered.

"Asda," Theo repeated. His mind lingered on the word.

Aurora clicked her tongue. "What's wrong with Asda?"