my mate left me the night of our wedding (contains strong language)

hey guys this is a new story i have been working on for a long time :) this story is filled with tons of drama but i must warn you it contains strong language so dont read if you dont like that kind of stuff. but anyways i hope you enjoy :) comment vote!!!!

“Do you take cadence to be your wife and your mate?” the priest asked and my eyes filled with tears.

                “I do,” he whispered as he stared down at me with great love in his eyes. His black hair was slicked back from his gorgeous face and his bright blue eyes shone with a smile that just touched his lips. He wore a black suit and his hands were in mine and when he caught me staring at him he gave them a quick squeeze making me want to break out into tears. This is someone that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and start a family with.

                “You may kiss your bride,” the priest said and he leaned in and let his lips touch mine. This had to be the best moment of my life.

                Yes that had been the best moment of my life until the next morning when I woke up in the hotel room naked and completely alone with only a note left from him. He had married me then walked out like I was nothing. I wasn’t just angry with him but also with myself because I had let him do it to me. I had believed everything he said to me and took it to heart but in truth it had all been a lie and I was now paying for it.

                The note read:

Dear cadence,

                You’re my mate but I cannot stay with you. I am sorry and I should have done this sooner but I want you to forget about me and never come find me.

                There had been no signature and that only fueled my anger more. The guy had married me then walked out. Who the hell does that? He could have done it before our wedding or never asked me to marry him in the first place!

                I had run home in tears and had to explain to my pack why my man wasn’t by my side. It had been more than embarrassing. He had been from another pack, the alpha in fact and I was supposed to join him by his side but now I was back where I had grown up. My pack stared at me with pity but I just shoved it aside and pretended nothing ever happened. I hardened my heart and didn’t let anyone new get close to me because I never wanted to be hurt again. I was struggling to trust the people I had known my whole life so how could I trust some one that just walked into my life which was very difficult considering I was third in command and had to deal with all the new wolves that joined the pack.

                “Cadence would you calm down,” my best friend said slowly as she sat on my bed and watched my pace my room in anger.

                “How can I calm down Myra! I sent him the dam divorce papers and he sends them back unsigned! Why won he sign them!” I shouted and she flinched a little at the tone in my voice.

                “Who knows cadence maybe he wants to do it in person,” she offered and I turned my glare on her.

                “The guy walked out on me and told me to forget about him and never find him! He should at least have the decency to sign the dam papers!” I growled and my bedroom door slammed open to show a very angry and tired alpha.

                “What the hell is with all the shouting!” he growled and ran a hand over his face. Meet alpha Dexter. He had taken over the pack when his father passed away. I had grown up with Dexter and he had been another one of my best friends. Had actually wanted to go kill my mate when I came back and told him what happened. Dexter only wore a pair of sweat pants that hung low on his lips and showed off his perfectly sculpted body.

                “Jack ass won’t sign the papers so cadence is having a moment,” Myra explained and I glared at her.

                “I am not having a moment,” I growled and both she and Dexter raised an eye brow at me. “I’m just angry because he won’t sign the papers.” Okay maybe I was over reacting a little bit but the guy had left me on our wedding night and wouldn’t even have the courage to divorce me!

                “So you’re having a moment?” Dexter asked and crossed his arms over his chest.

                “Fine I’m having a moment but why won’t he sign the papers!” I growled and slammed the papers onto my bed in anger and making Myra jump.

                “Who knows cadence he is a jerk,” Dexter sighed. “Now can we all go to bed? I had border patrol and have it again in the morning.

                “Sorry Dex go back to bed and I won’t disrupt you again,” I said and plopped down on my bed beside Myra. Dexter sighed and walked over to me. He pulled me into his arms as the tears began to fall. “It’s been almost a year Dex and he won’t give the chance to start new.”

                “I know cadence I know,” he whispered as he rubbed my back.