Chapter 33: 'Truth?'

(A/n: 'HEAVY LORE DROPS THIS CHAPTER, SO GET READY!')

*Last time, on 'YEAR:198?'*

Sun watched in full relaxation with his hands behind his back as the boy began throwing light kicks at the cowboy for laughing at such a horrible thing while Fizzy tried to pull him off. Freddy stood next to him, looking in the same direction.

"Kids, what a lovely gift the world provides." Sun began.

"Yes, indeed." Freddy agreed. "But to have been around for so long! You've seen so many children grow up and possibly... die. How do you live knowing that kind of information?"

"I live with it by keeping a simple file of every child I've ever met. Those files consisting of their name, birthday, what they were like, their likes and dislikes, and a picture of that child with the BIGGEST smile on their little round faces!" Sun explained. "Just putting a name and face to who they were, is more than enough for me to keep going with this kind of work."

"So you have knowledge of every child stored in your memory..." Freddy mumbled. "Even just now? Of Gregory?"

.

.

.

.

.

"Even then, of you Eternél."

*NOW*

"You know, who I am?" Freddy breathed out, unknowing of how to take in this new information.

"I do." Sun confirmed, calmly.

"W-Why haven't you said anything?! All this time wondering about myself and who I was, trying to confirm if these visions that I've been seeing are real! And YOU'VE been here the whole time knowing and haven't said a WORD! YOU SELFISH- YOU -!"

"Shhhhhh, don't blow your top child!" Sun hushed, pressing the tip of finger onto the mouth of the bear. "If you keep making a scene, I won't tell you anything!"

Freddy let out a pout as his ears fell, indicating his cooperation to the day care attendant's orders.

"Good! Now where to start..." Sun pondered, tapping his chin. "I guess I should start with looking into your file-AH! There you are! Eternèl Dubois."

"Please, tell me what you know..." Freddy sat down on a neat pile of blocks nearby, ready to listen to something he had been waiting his entire existence to hear.

"Let's see here, Mr. Dubois, eldest son of Celiá and Maximus Dubois. Checked into the daycare at around the plex's opening with his younger brother Joie Dubois. Reported missing after not returning to his mother after closing. Presumed dead." Sun sighed as he read through his memory file.