XXXIX

The Ball

Third Person POV

When the fourth stage ended, everyone directly went out of the arena to get their lack of sleep and to gain energy for the last event that will happen later at midnight.

The fifth stage would be a ball hosted by the faculty of the academy and the students won't do anything but to ancipate for the best of the best scenarios.

Lahat ng mga mag-aaral sa akademya, mga faculty, at ang mga bisita na nanood ng lahat ng stages ng battle of survival ay hind makapaghintay na sumapit ang gabi. Everyone is either doing their 'beauty rest' or spending their free time outside their dorms to pass the time and enjoy.

Everyone is excited and thrilled for the upcoming ball but Princess Divine is extremely excited and enthusiastic for the night to come. She cannot contain her excite which can be felt and seen in her aura and mood.

Lahat ng mga nakakasalamuha niya sa manor ay napapangiti na lamang sa kanyang inasal dahil alam na nila kung ano ang mangyayari mamayang gabi.

"I can't really wait." she said as she check her prepared gown for the nth time. She giggled cheerfully and went to her bed to get some sleep.

She really can't wait for the ball to happen.

Though, not everyone is as excited as everyone and Princess Divine.

Gemini sleep throughout the day while his bruises and wounds from the fight with Afianna aching. The medics may healed the wounds but they cannot alleviate the pain.

For the first time, he felt the real prowess of Afianna without really thinking about the consequences. Though it was painful, it was exhilarating.

He is just so proud of her.

Gustuhin niya mang magpahinga sa ibang lugar ngunit hindi maaari dahil magmula kanina, binabantayan na ang kanang bawat galaw at ayaw ng kanyang ama na umalis siya sa kanyang kwarto sa manor. They want him to stay put and just wait for the ball to happen. Even his suit is already prepared.

He knows what will happen but he don't know what consequences will occur.

And just like him, Afianna is thinking for a way out of this ball. She don't want to attend but she is part of the event because she is the one and only victor which later on, she regretted.

It was all because of Gemini for triggering her annoyance. What she really planned is for her to lose after a long and drawn out match to avoid suspicion. But Gemini's head is just build different.

"Are you tired? Your attacks are weak."

With just one line, he crossed and messed her sanity.

She cannot afford to be weak. She's been thinking a lot and she cannot stop worrying for the upcoming phenomenons that will occur.

She'll die for being weak.

Hours later...

Nadagdagan na ng mga mag-aaral ang pumapasok sa venue which is the school grounds where they decorated everything with finesse.

The surrounding trees are adorn with hanging lights with cute and elegant ornaments such as angels, weapons, and birds. There are also archs decorated with wisteria vines with lights located in the eight possible entrances in the venue. Each archs are placed with violet carpet decorated with candles lined together to create a path. Just like the last party, they also used several round tables decorated with white and gold themes and swans on top of a basin full of water that serves as a lake. There is also a stage where all of  the present royalties are located and seated. The center of the venue is an  empty space that serves as a dance floor. Its surrounding is decorated with tiny colorful floating lights that makes the place magical. And lastly, on top of them is a dark sky adorned with tiny mesmerising star that added to the enchanting venue they created. There are also fireflies who are freely roaming around adding light to the surroundings.