[29] A Serious Problem

Chapter 29: A Serious Problem

Hashirama walked a bit more. He had escaped the Rain Dinner from a back door, to drop Mikita off where nobody was looking, and the Royals were waiting for him at the front gate. Hashirama soon came across them and waved his hands.

Other than the three Royals and a disguised Robin, there was also Pell and Igaram with a large crowd of armed soldiers. Hashirama noted some of the Baroque Works billions looking at the scene with fear in their expressions, while some looked to be ready to attack.

Consequently, if they really do attack, they would lose their lives.

"Hashirama, hi!" Vivi waved her hand with an expression so delighted as if she had seen him days after. She gasped. "Wait, what's wrong with your expression?! You look sleep deprived!"

"Don't worry about that," Hashirama waved it off. He exchanged greetings with the King and Queen and moved directly to the deal. "Come within the wall borders, everyone, I don't want the civilians to see me using my powers. I will clear the trees. Soldiers, be on alert."

The soldiers looked a little surprised and confused at that, but their leader, Igaram and Pell went on alert. Looking around, they also noted the negative air around them. There was a crowd of suspicious people looking at them with fear. That when compared to the sheer amount of relieved crowd around them—who were happy seeing their reliable King here—indeed, they seemed out of place.

The soldiers stood outside the gate, while Hashirama, the three Royals, and Robin somehow entered through the clogged gate.

Away from the people's eyes, Hashirama clasped his hands together in front of him. With a deep breath in, he closed his eyes and concentrated his chakra to feel the trees that were all around him, that were ruining the building of Rain Dinner.

Hashirama was careful when he summoned these trees two nights ago. So it wouldn't crash when these trees were pulled back to the ground. Hashirama channeled his chakra through the trees and sucked the chakra within them; that he had used to grow them. In the process, the trees became shriveled, dry, and turned into dust. Trees could not become tinier, even though Hashirama created them, so the only way to clear things was to turn them dry and into dust.

In this way, Hashirama's power functioned exactly like how Sir Crocodile used his moisture-sucking power. Hashirama felt a little bad about killing so many of his baby trees at once—but the next surprise was worth it. As the trees' chakra rushed back to him, he felt his mind absorb the healthy energy like a sponge.

In an instant, the headache that was killing him vanished in thin air. Simultaneously, the dark circles under his eyes vanished too. He suddenly looked healthy overall.

"Ah..."

"You didn't know such a thing was possible?" Robin asked from the side, seeing his suddenly better appearance that came with his surprised expression.

"Well, this was my first time killing so many of my trees, and also the first time I have had such a headache." Hashirama stretched his arms and smiled. "So yeah, it's a pleasant discovery."

"That's good. You looked like a druggy." Titi said before she nudged her chin. "Anyhow, lead us to where he is imprisoned."

Hashirama slowly gave a nod. Then, he led them through the dusty building and up to the highest floor of the building.

* * *

Hashirama led the four people up to the highest floor and found the culprits, as he had left them locked in a cage.