forty-two

ONE BY ONE, THE VILLAINS ENTERED HAPPY'S APARTMENT QUICKLY AND QUIETLY

ONE BY ONE, THE VILLAINS ENTERED HAPPY'S APARTMENT QUICKLY AND QUIETLY. They glanced at the home security camera before looking at the beautiful apartment.

Morgan disabled the alarm and hoped that Happy wasn't watching the camera from his phone.

Peter glanced at Morgan with his eyebrows frowning, "how did you know the password?"

"Everything that he uses is 'password,' remember?" Morgan asked and turned to face Peter, "we were on the plane to London, ready to fight Mysterio."

That's when it all clicked for Peter. If Mysterio didn't happen, they wouldn't be standing here together as a couple. In a twisted way, these villains brought Morgan and Peter together–and Peter didn't like that.

He didn't like that danger put them together, yet some of the danger came from him. Vulture, Mysterio, and now this–granted, Morgan chose to be there. Peter breathed and didn't like a pang of new guilt rising in him.

"You sure Happy would be okay with us using his place like this?" Morgan asked, removing her eyes from Peter to look at Aunt May.

"I'm sure he'll get over it," Peter confirmed, pushing his previous thoughts out of his head. "Right, May?"

Aunt May waved off their questions, "he won't mind."

They watched as the villains roamed around and started to make themselves at home. It's interesting to look at them and realize they are humans; they also have inner demons to fight.

"So this is your plan, Peter, hm? No lab, no facilities? Just performing miracles in a condominium, hm?" Octavius asked while having his arms restricted still. "What? You gonna cook us some cures and some frozen burritos in a microwave?"

"I could go for a burrito," Norman confessed, looking up from the Robot arm in front of him.

"He's gonna kill us all," Octavius stated, not taking Peter seriously.

"Well, let's hope not," Peter answered back to his remark. "You're up first, Doc," he said, walking past him and touching his shoulder.

"What?" Octavius asked in disbelief. "Hey, I told you, I don't need fixing."

Peter started to walk towards the room next to the kitchen. Morgan followed Peter, knowing she'd snap at Octavius' remarks if she had to remain in the same room with the villain.

"I don't need fixing!" Octavius shouted, making the teenagers hear him from the other room. "Especially by teenagers using scraps from a bachelor's junk drawer."

"Nah, nah, nah," Max said, dismissing Doc Ock. "He got something back there. I can feel it, that weird energy."

Peter took off a blanket showing advanced technology underneath.