Chapter 22

It was an exhausting day and activities finally ended at 7.30 pm. We all had our dinner in the school canteen and after that had our shower at 8.30pm. Since the cubicles were packed, I only got to shower at 9.45.

After I was done, I quickly dried my hair with a towel. I put on a plain white t-shirt with a pair of blue short shorts that I usually wear to sleep.

I headed to the field and to my tent. I shared the tent with 2 other girls - Mina and Shinhye. When I entered the tent, the two girls are already fast asleep since they already showered before me.

I laid down between them and closed my eyes before falling deep asleep.

**
It was about 2am when I suddenly woke up, having the urge to pee. Since the school was dark, I didn't dare to go alone. Hence, I tried waking up Shinhye but she didn't respond to me.

I turned to my left and tried waking up Mina.

"Choi Mina, yaahh, I really need to go to the toilet. Just follow me, I'll be quick," I pestered her.

Instead of waking up, she shushed me and went back to sleep.

I sighed. I was getting urgent. Gathering my courage, I took a torchlight and decided to find my way out of the dark field and to the toilet.

The school compound was scarier than I thought. Not all the lights were on, it was dark and quiet. There was no one around, not even teachers on duty - they ended up falling asleep.

I quickly made my way to the toilet, turning on the lights then I went to a cubicle and relieved myself, fast.

After I was done, I washed my hands and tied a messy bun up.

I was about to get out of the toilet when suddenly I heard footsteps outside. I thought it was my imagination, but it got louder and clearer. I felt reluctant to return back to my tent. I was a little scared. My legs were trembling in fear.

I took a deep breath and finally stepped out of the toilet, tip toeing out. I haven't got any farther when suddenly I saw a figure right before me.

"AAAAAAAARGGHH!!!" I screamed, covering my eyes with my two hands, freaking out because I thought it was a ghost standing infront of me.

"Michyeoseo? (Are you crazy?)" He said.

My heart skipped a beat. I rubbed my eyes and looked again. Aissh its that rascal.

"Ah kkamjjakiya! (You startled me!)" I frowned at Taehyung and heaved a sigh of relief. "Why would you wear your hoodie? I thought you were a ghost!"

He slightly chuckled, "I don't wanna get noticed."

I shook my head and then I noticed he was holding something - a box of cigarettes. Noticing it, he hid it behind his back.

"Taehyung? You're smoking again?" I asked.

He looked away.

"You promised me not to smoke ever again," I said and folded my arms.

"Shhh, someone might hear you," he whispered, looking around, "And why do you care if I smoke or not. I have my own problems."

"Because you're my friend," I said, "And you promised. Promises can't be broken."

"Hah, you're wrong. Promises are meant to be broken," he said and walked away from me, walking up to the staircase.

I followed him. "What do you mean?"

"Remember your mom promised to bring you to see your halmeoni? You had your hopes up but she broke the promise anyways," he said and lit his lighter to see where he was heading to.

I quietly looked down, he was kinda right.

"Why are you following me?" He asked when we reached the third level.

"I can't sleep," I replied.

We reached his usual hideout - the storeroom. We came in and turned on the lights.

I sat down on a pile of cardboards, and he came to sit opposite me, also on a pile of cardboards.

I sighed, and looked up when I realised, Taehyung was staring at my legs, and he gulped.

"Yah! What are you looking at?!" I shouted.

"Uhm, nothing. Who told you to wear such a short shorts at night," he said and looked away.

I rolled my eyes and tried to find something to cover up my revealing legs, when Taehyung suddenly removed his jacket. "Yahh, take this and cover up," he said.

I snatched the grey jacket from him and sat back down, covering my legs.

"How's your hand?" He asked.
"It's fine, thanks," I replied and slightly smiled.

"Pabo Jinnie, how did you scald yourself?" He asked.
I bit my lip, "Uhm, well, I was just checking if the fire's still on but I accidentally toppled the pot and then the hot water poured on my hand, so, yeah."

"You're beyond stupid," he said, and I rolled my eyes.

"So you're not gonna smoke right?" I asked.

"Whatever. Because you're here, I'm not gonna smoke. Why not you just care about that prettyboy Seojun okay," Taehyung said and leaned back against the shelves.

"Oh shut up," I said, "Why are you always mentioning him? Why are you always picking a fight with him? Can you just stop hurting Seojun?" I snapped, but still controlling my temper.

"Oh wow," he spoke, "Look whose defending her boyfriend. How sweet. How did you know I was the one who started the fight?"

I stared at him in anger. "Can you stop?!"

"What? Shouldn't you be happy that I'm supporting you both?" Taehyung said sarcastically.

I stood up and frowned at him, but I had nothing to say. I was too angry, I ended up stomping out of the storeroom and went back to my tent.

I laid down in the tent, then I realised I was still holding onto Taehyung's jacket.

The jacket smells like him.

I sighed and hugged the jacket to sleep.