(C13)

VIVIAN GREY

Darkness.

There was a beeping noise that was steady and constant in the room and I was pretty sure there was something in my arm.

Better not be a god damn needle, I hate those things.

My body felt light and my head a bit fuzzy, but the only thing that hurt was the top of my stomach, it was a soft pain compared to earlier. You know that feeling when someone socks you and even after the hit it stings and throbs, yup, that's what it felt like.

I took in a deep breath through my nose, chemicals were all over the place, but so was Zaliver's scent. Knowing he was in the room put me at ease, wherever I was I was fine. The room was cold and I felt like I was on a small bed, not the bed Zaliver or I slept in. Just the thinking of him made me recall something but just as fast as it came it was gone. . . now, what was it?

I tried to remember the last time I saw him, but all remembering was hearing his voice. What was he saying? Something about . . . A gift? Why would he buy me a gift? It wasn't my birthday, I didn't do something grand, pretty sure I also didn't save someone's life, so why the gift? Where was he anyway?

Wait. . .traveling. Oh yeah, but if he was traveling then why was his scent here? Did he come back? When? I decided it was time I opened my eyes. Easier said than done, it took me what felt like forever to lift my eyelids and then I had to fight to keep them open until I felt the drowsiness go away.

I was happy to see that where ever I was, which was hospital room I'm guessing, just didn't know why I was here, was painted in soothing colors like soft lavender and jade. I slowly sat up, wincing a bit. I looked down at my hands and had a flashback of them being covered in blood. My blood.

My whole day suddenly returned to me in an instant and I now understood why I was here as well as Zaliver. He must have heard me vomiting and then hit the floor and since I didn't pick up, I came back. I felt a bit guilty for making him return not even a full twenty-four hours.

I looked down at my arm and scowled at the needle, slowly I pulled it out and disconnected myself. My throat was dry and I felt tired but in a different way, Zaliver's scent was strong in the air, but he wasn't here. I suddenly had a craving for something sweet.

Getting on my feet was painful, but after the pins and needle feelings passed I was able to walk out slowly, stumbling mostly, into the empty hall, the robe on me although thin, covered the goods. I wondered what time it was and where Zaliver was but I was a bit more concerned with jacking the first snack machine I saw. They had plenty of sugar in there for me to eat.

When I made it to a snack machine I looked at all of the bars and choices, my stomach growled in anticipation, I was developing a plan for getting them all out when an alarm and a red flashing light went off.

Throughout this, I felt like it was all happening through a thick glass wall, I could hear the blaring but it didn't hurt as it usually did, the flashing red light didn't temporarily blind me. I guess all but smell, my senses were dimmed, I do remember looking up from the snack machine and straight into a camera down the hall.

"Wonder what happened?" I ignored the commotion and went back to staring at the snacking machine, trying to break the goods out. Both the red flashing light and alarm suddenly cut off.

Loud and fast footsteps made their way down the hall in my direction but I didn't look up, a large shadow loomed over me. Maybe if I ram the machine at the side it'll crack the screen? But if my senses were numbed then so was my strength. Maybe whoever was panting heavily next to me would help. I turned to ask the person for help.