Wish You Were Here

Life gives you choices and those choices lead roads of endless possibilities. For example let's say you were at a party and your friend was drinking and he was your ride home. You get in the car and he wants to drive, you tell him he shouldn't be driving and you hadn't had anything to drink and so drive him and yourself home but what if you stayed at the party and let him drive alone? He either would have been stopped by police officer or ended his life by driving extremely drunk on the road. In these series of shorts, we will explore endless possibilities of what if life was different for Thomas and his family and in this short. What if Bandit was sick instead of Emily? What if Bandit had died instead of Emily? Let's find the outcome of this timeline.

Wish You Were Here

Thomas teared up after getting a call from his father and the news he shared. Thomas sat down on his bed and cried until his mother came home from her art gallery. "Thomas? Honey?" Emily said placed down her purse and went upstairs to her son's room. Thomas sat on his bed and then looked at his mother with tears in his eyes. "He called you didn't he?" Emily asked, almost choking up herself. Thomas nodded. Emily sighed and then sat next to her son. "Do you want to talk about it?" Emily asked. Thomas let's some tears fall from his muzzle. "Dads going to die," Thomas said, breaking down. Emily then hugged her son and rubbed his back. "Shh honey we don't know that for sure," Emily said hugging her son.

"I don't want dad to die," Thomas said crying into his mothers fur. "I know baby, I don't want him to either," Emily said, kissing her son on the side of his head. Despite being divorced from her husband Emily still cared for him deeply and his well-being. "We need to see him, I need to see him," Thomas said, looking at his mother. Emily looked at her son and placed her hand on his muzzle. "Okay, we'll go let me take some calls go get your things ready," Emily said as she stood up from her son's bed. Thomas nodded and started packing. Emily then left her son's room and went to her own while wiping her own tears away.

The plane ride to Australia was quiet for the mother and son. They arrive by nightfall in Brisbane's Airport. Emily goes and gets a rental car and then they were off. "Do you want something to eat honey?" Emily asked while driving. "I'll eat at dads," Thomas answered. "Okay," Emily said while driving. They pull up to Bandit and Chilli's house. "Are you okay honey?" Emily asked, looking at Thømas. Thomas turned and looked at his mother. "What if he doesn't want to see me? After all the times I've tried to tell him to get out of my life," Thomas asked, tearing up again. "You're dad loves you very much, no matter how much you wanted him to leave you alone, he never stopped and this won't change things either," Emily said, letting tears from her muzzle go.

Thomas nodded, taking a deep breath. Emily nodded now, getting out of the car. They both go to the door and knock. Chilli answered the door and smiled seeing her stepson and Emily. "Hey guys!" Chilli said with a smile. "Hey Chilli," Thomas said nervously. "Come in," Chilli said, letting Thomas and Emily in. "I'm sorry this is short notice," Emily said, giving Chilli a hug. "No you two are welcomed here anytime," Chilli said, hugging Emily. "Thomas! Aunt Emily!" Bluey and Bingo shouted running up to them. "Hey girls! Give me a hug!" Emily said, giving the girls a big hug. "Hey guys," Thomas said, hugging his sisters. After the greeting Thomas took a deep breath and looked at his stepmom. "C-can I see dad?" Thomas asked, looking at Chilli.

"Of course he's in our room upstairs," Chilli said, rubbing Thomas's arm. Thomas nodded as he started to make his way to his fathers room. Emily and Chilli stayed with the girls while Thomas went upstairs. Thomas went to his fathers room and knocked on the door. "Dad?" Thomas said, opening the door. "Thomas? What are you doing here mate?" Bandit asked with a cough. "I-I wanted to see you," Thomas said, standing at the door. Bandit smiled weakly, "then get over here mate," Bandit said softly with a smile. Thomas nodded and then walked over to his fathers bed.