Chapter 24

I forced a laugh to escape my lips.

Even though my head started to hurt for trying to remember the things I did on the bonfire. But it mustve been unmemorable and boring because my memories are all jumbled up.

"Are you insane?" My words felt forced, but I am innocent.

He just stared at me. His lips would occassionally part, but he would immediately close them like he's having a hard time finding his words.

His brows furrowed as his mouth turned grim, then he finally spoke. "You really cant remember anything?"

My eyes widens, I don't understand anything he says. "I told you I'm not a killer... Im normal."

"That's weird." His eyes are glued to mine. Never breaking off even a single second, and I cant help but avoid them. My orbs flitter from side to side, looking everywhere but him. "Cause you're definitely not normal."

I try to push myself down, to bury myself and hide. I dont hear whispers but I am aware of this abnormal sensation living under my skin.

Then Lucas leaned in, and I held my breath for whats about to come.

"I never see you cry."

His lips is up near my ear but I couldnt hear any of his ragged breathing, or its better to say that Ive gotten deaf for a moment. I can only hear how my blood pounded in my ears. The thud of my heart against my chest. My hand trembles. My feet cold. And my vision disfigured, as if darkness is slowly eating me whole.

I want to get away.

But still he continue. Aware of my state, but like a devil taunting me. "You keep saying that you're worried for El but you dont really care, dont you? You never cried, not even when you're locked up on that room while Karl is planning to eat you."

I wanted to ask how he got that but he grabbed and forced me to look at him, to his unblinking eyes and lips curved to a malicious pleasure. And as if reading my mind, he responded. "I've been watching you."

I couldn't breath.

"It was easy to read Karl. He was almost drooling at the sight of her body- No... Meat." His voice echoes like horror. "I offered to help him get the body in exchange that I'll get a word if he gets a sight of you. But that bastard was greedy! I spent my whole 25 coins for that pager but what did he do! Fortunately, another bastard was playing Prince Charming. Telling Rie your location was a huge risk but it all worked out, wasn't it?"

My heart is jumping out of my chest. Everything feels like a dream. Everything is becoming a blur and my head feels like its going to explode. But I forced my eyes to open, forced my lips to tremble, forced my voice to crack, and forced myself to be just like me.

"W- why? Why are you doing all this?"

His smile didn't reach his cheeks, and his eyes glimmer in anger. "Because you keep doing all this... You keep pretending and pretending that you forgot who you really are."

"Then..." My lips quiver, and its hard to swallow. "Who am I?"

This time he splash a smile so wide they almost seem genuine. "You're like us."

"Am I not normal?" I mumble. It's a question meant for myself, but he answered anyway.

"You are. Anger is normal, pleasure is normal. They are basic human emotions. People who don't act them out are the ones who's not normal."

His hands fell down to my shoulder, then they slowly trace down my arms while his chest gradually nearing mine. Then he stop. With his chest on mine, and his fingers stroking the bruise on my wrist like electricity pricking in my bones.

My hands are trembling.

But right now, its not because of fear. Like my blood are going haywire and veins are twisted in anger. Though this anger is not directed to anyone, but my hands are desperate. Desperate to break. Desperate to kill. Its a feeling that I couldn't properly understand.

"You are normal." As if reading my mind, Lucas whispered. Its only I realized that Im no longer tied up. He brought my hands up to his lips, for the longest time I finally saw how badly wounded my wrist is but he didn't care. His is also the same.

But somehow I still don't feel free.

Its as if I'm still locked up.

Something is restraining me to get out.

I gasp in shock when another pair of hands wrapped my back. His fingers traced against the coldness of my spine, and I shiver at his touch. It was slow. It was soft. It was careful as if he wasn't the cause. Kurt is looking at me with eyes so empty, so void of any emotion but it screams with so much sadness.

2 silhouettes of man are before me.

Both so different. Both were my friends. Both are murderers.

Mushy loud steps made us turn towards the perpetrator. The dim light is against her, and her shirt are like its skin carefully hugging the frame of her body. When her strides halted under the lightbulb, the familiar stench of melting human flesh made me want to twist my head in disgust.

"Guys!" She dramatically gasp, and I saw a bit of flesh peeled off. Her face looks worst. Half of her looks human, and half are like the skulls we study in Biology -bare and ugly. "How are you? I've been looking everywhere!"

I saw the two boys look at each other, before Lucas turned his head to the guest. "Jessica, you're here."

It was the wrong name.

Her smile was completely wiped into a grim. "My name is Jen."

"Of course!"

"I came here to get what belongs to me." A twisted deformed grin painted her face when she caught a glimpse of me. "I already did the part of my deal, now give her to me."

"Of course!" Lucas repeated in a fake glee. My legs wobble when he grab me out of the matress. His going to hand me over. Normally, I would scream. Normally, I would resist. Normally, Id want to escape. But now Im too tired. It's the headache that would kill me.

"But before I give her to you, do clarify on what exactly is your part of the deal?"

"Huh?" She gruffly grimaced.

"Say it."

"Dont worry a thing, I already made sure Elise is dead."

Her voice echoes across the rat-nested room, but despite that, her words were spoken clearly. On the corner of my vision, I saw how Lucas' mouth contorted like a scimitar that they almost escaped out of his cheeks.

"You should have brought the body with you, or is it that your little brain is not capable of thinking that far?"

Jen stomped her foot in anger. "I. Said. I made sure!"

I saw how his eyes would flitter between Jen and me, but Im too tired, too empty to bother.

"Of course." He repeated once again, but this time, he added a confusing whisper. Before he pushed me towards Jen, he mumbled words that only I could hear.

"I offer her to you."

————————————————-
Dont forget to VOTE!❤️❤️