[ 59 ]

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
- BREATH -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────

! TRIGGER WARNING : SU1C1DE !

Two weeks... It's been two weeks and Sunghoon haven't heard anything from Jiwoo.

Every text he send, no answer. Every call, she declined. Every doorbell he rang, no one to open the door. Every gift he gave to get her back, was never heard of again. Every second of the day, no sign of appearence.

It's raining outside. Rain clattering against the window of the bathroom. Raindrops slowly ran down the window, just like Sunghoon's tears on his cheeks.

He sat in the bathtub, regretting everything he has done, he had said. He couldn't feel anything but regret. He hated the feeling so much.

Sunghoon already tried to contact with Jiwoo via Jungwon, but he kept saying she was staying in another city at a friend's house. But he knew Jiwoo didn't have other friends than Eunji, who completely disappeared, just like Jay. No one, but no one knows where they are.

Maybe she really was with Eunji though, but Sunghoon wouldn't believe that.

Thunder sounded.

Sunghoon threw some water on his face, just to hide his tears, even though nobody could even see them.

The wind was making weird noises, as if the atmosphere was singing.

Sunghoon slowly lowered himself.

The rain outside started to pour harder.

His chin hit the water as he slowly closed his eyes.

The electricity went off.

His mouth and nose went underwater.

The wind banged against the window, almost begging it to make it go inside.

He wanted to end it all.

And then, his whole face went completely underwater.

The door slammed open.

"Sunghoon!" Someone yelled loudly.

Sunghoon, who was trying to down himself, ignored everything. He tried to distance himself from everything at the moment. No one could interrupt him.

"SUNGHOON!" Someone kept yelling.

The person ran to the bathtub and put their hands underwater, grabbing Sunghoon's armpits and pulling him up.

Sunghoon coughed loudly, water coming out off his mouth. His head was above water, but he was struggling to breath.

"H-Help," he coughed.

He opened his eyes and couldn't believe it. His vision was a bit blurry because of the water and soap from the bathtub, but he could see her figure clearly. He recognized her immediatly.

"I'm here," she said as she patted his back. "Keep breathing. Stay calm."

"Jiwoo..."

"Don't say anything right now," Jiwoo stated. "Focus on your breathing. We can talk later."

Sunghoon sighed deeply and coughed a few more times before finally seeing sharp again and getting a steady breath.

-

"Here," Jiwoo said as she put a blanket around Sunghoon's freezing body and giving him a cup of hot chocolate. She sat down next to him and giving him a side hug. "Are you okay?"

Sunghoon shook his head, only now realising he attempted suicide... "I think I'm not doing okay anymore, Jiwoo... I think I lost myself."

Jiwoo sobbed. "I see..." She muttered. She sighed and let go of Sunghoon.

"I read your suicide letter," She began. "It started with Dear Jiwoo, my only love... I remember every single word and detail of it. I couldn't do anything but rush to your place, only to see you trying to attempt. My heart hurts seeing you in this state. I never knew how much damaged you."

Jiwoo couldn't do anything but cry. She felt really sorry. She was for real this time.

She read every single letter he sent her, hesitated to pick up every phone call he tried to make, stood in front of the door with tears in her eyes everytime he rang the doorbell and she kept every single gift he gave him.

Jiwoo was just scared and so was he.

The night flew by. They sat down and talked for hours. They apologized, explained their feeling to each other. They went through a lot of emotions.

But in the end,

Jiwoo and Sunghoon agreed to still marry each other.

With a smile, they gave each other a hug and fell asleep in each other's arms.

Jiwoo, who was dreaming, muttered sweet words in her sleep, waking up Sunghoon.

He softly opened his eyes, seeing Jiwoo asleep next to him. He smiled soothingly as he wiped a few strands of hair out of Jiwoo's face.

Sunghoon gave her a peck on her forehead. "Sleep well my love. May we grow old together and not have these kind of arguements anymore. We can do this.

I love you."