2023 update

...Hello. 

If you happen to come across this, I am first and foremost very grateful that you have this book saved to your library/lists hence getting an update notification, although I believe it has been so long that I'm only still in contact with one of my friends I made through this book.

To be honest, I don't quite remember exactly why I stopped writing. What I do know was that I was going through a lot at that time, which led to me burning out. I also had my fair share of criticism (which I was probably too sensitive to take) and it was the hate that really threw me off the edge.

So, hi! I believe I started writing this series in 2018, which was about 5 years ago. That's insane. I'm 19 years old now, and have matured a lot as a writer (I logged in today and saw a few old chapters that made me CRINGE so hard you have no idea). 

Miraculous has a very special place in my heart. It was a very distinct moment in my life, I discovered it as I discovered myself, my passions, my flaws. I don't remember when or how, but at some point I guess I just sort of outgrew and forgot about it. I soon joined the TGGBB fandom too (which I also have outgrown) and kept evolving. Five years is a long time, as I'm sure you can imagine. And although I have long outgrown it, there will always be a lot of fondness in my heart when I look back to these times.

Last night (18/01/2023), I was unable to sleep (my insomnia has only gotten worse since 2018 unfortunately, but it's consistency ig), and was scrolling on my phone in the dark when, just as I was falling asleep, I heard a tune so distinctive, it pulled me all the way back to when I was fourteen, writing this book, blissfully unaware of what the world had in store for me. "In the rain" tugged my heartstrings so much, I'm almost ashamed to admit it (but I vow to be as candid as possible). I looked it up on Youtube, rewatched the umbrella scene, the familiar melody.. You know what I'm referring to.

Funnily enough, I had just left the Miraculous fandom before the series really started to take off mainstream (back when I liked it was considered weird). In the present-day, I have a few friends who are fans of the show. I can't help but feel so fond, watching others fall in love with a piece that shaped a chunk of my early teen years. And I couldn't help but think; Isn't it lovely, for so many of us to be touched by a material (be it art, music, a show) to the point where we share our love for it among ourselves? I find that people that tend to be in fandoms are normally so much more compassionate than others, it shows that you are able to love something so wholeheartedly. Isn't that was makes us so beautifully human?

When I heard "In the rain" last night, I cried. I was teleported back to a time where I was so young and wide-eyed. Although I don't consider myself a part of the fandom now, I have a vague idea of the plot through my friends and I was so overwhelmed and in awe. It's truly such a beautiful story that Jeremy Zag and Thomas Astruc have constructed, and for it to resonate and touch so many people's heart is something I would love to also do some day. I like to entertain the thought that maybe my words once touched yours too.

This book has around 200k reads. That's absolutely insane, I can't even comprehend it. The second book has 100k. To think that you came across my book and chose to read it, I mean the fact it's still in some rankings.. I'm beyond honoured and thrilled at the prospect of being your escape from the real world we live in, even just a little while.

I don't know how many people are still active or how many people this will reach, but I would like to say thank you so so much. My fourteen year old self would have never anticipated this sort of audience even in her dreams. 

So a question for the readers; how are you? Really? How are you doing, how is it going? Do you still keep up with mlb? Are you a fan of anything else? I hope you're having a good day and are happy, and if that's not the case I hope you go the extra length to be a little kinder to yourself. You deserve it.

I wasn't sure about writing this message, but I too know what it's like to be left in the dark by an author with no good explanation, to not have an update after a cliffhanger for years. And I sympathise and am so sincerely sorry. I had my reasons, and all I ask is for your understanding. I hope that isn't too much.

So I'm sure you're wondering if I'm going to update the book or not. Honestly, I don't know. Like I said, I have grown a lot as a writer and as a person, looking at these chapters makes me cringe so much. It's very unlikely, to be honest. However, I am in a similar boat for another fandom that I used to write fanfiction for, and I'm revisiting and rewriting for that one, so I guess I'll let you know. Never say never, but I'm also not going to lie and bring your hopes up; I don't really keep up with mlb any more, like I said.

Anyways, I hope life is treating you well. It would be great hearing from you too, I'll be lurking in the comments here once in a while.

Thank you for the love and support. I am infinitely grateful, I cannot even begin to express it. It's unforgettable, and I will carry it with me as I move through life. And if I've made even just one of you happy with my writing, then I consider this a success. Thank you for teaching me how to love. It's the most valuable lesson I have ever learnt.

Bug out!

(writing that is so nostalgic omg^)

-R.