x. | bloody mary, three times in the bathroom mirror

Disclaimer; I don't own Supernatural. Or Chris Evans' booty. But things can change.

Bloody Mary; Part One
________

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction." -John F. Kennedy

EMERY WAS SNUGGLED BETWEEN THE BOYS, a blanket wrapped tightly around her shoulders. They were all sitting on the back of the Impala, looking up and pointing out constellations and planets.

They had been taking a break from hunting, since the last case sort of hit them hard. And Emery still was deathly scared of water, or at least putting her head under it. She could barely shower without thinking about being dragged down with Lucas.

Dean and her hadn't really talked about the panic attack, since it was obvious Dean didn't want her or Sam to think of him any different. Hell, it's not like either 9f them would think of him any different, Emery sure didn't. And Sam would always look up to his older brother.

Emery glanced at Dean, her heart fluttering in her chest. He had his arm wrapped around her shoulders, pulling her closer to keep her warm as she had started to shiver in the cold night air. Though, her thoughts of how pretty were soured when she thought about all the woman Dean had slepted with. Then, she was brought back to the time she had dated guys that Dean (and John) disapproved of just to get on their nerves.

Both boys disapproved as the teenage rebel giggled with Sam about it. And trust me, she did more thing to smite John and Dean. But, let's not forget about Sam.

She remembered the time when she was fifteen, kids had been picking on a twelve year old Sam, so Emery had pretended to be his girlfriend. She had literally kissed the guy in front of those kids, and gave Sam some reputation.

Emery remembered another time, when she was sixteen, she had pranked Dean's motel room, and he had ended up taking a girl there. Let's just say, the girl's hair ended up a gross puke green colour, after both of them were soaked with honey and feathers.

And John, well, she smiled him with her attitude, making sure to be extra snarky. Though, she did follow orders (not as well as Dean though), and she was the one who had made sure everyone was fine. Especially Dean, since she saw that he thought he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

"So, are we just gonna sit here all night, or are we gonna go to a hotel and snooze?" Dean broke the girl out of her thoughts, and Emery nodded in agreement, before yawning.

"Can we stay out here a couple more minutes? The view is spectacular!" Sam coaxed, and the two older hunters ended up agreeing. Only because Sammy has had a hard past couple of months.

☪✡

"Sam, wake up!" Dean's voice made Emery's gaze shift from the Carver Edlund book to the boys in the front seat. She was reading the book that made her remember vividly what it felt like drowning, considering it was described to be the case that they saved Lucas in. She was swallowing down the memories, thinking about the fact that the boy was safe as a way to stop the panic from rising too high.

"I take I was having a nightmare," Sam stated, and Emery rolled her eyes, before dog earring the page she was on. They were at the hospital, ready to go check out the Shoemaker corpse.

"Yeah," Dean nodded. "Another one."

"Hey, at least I got some sleep," Sam stated. Emery put a hand on his shoulder, giving it a squeeze of comfort. The girl's dreams were still plagued with her drowning in the dark abyss. But, she'd manage to avoid the nightmares, as long as one of the boys had their arm securely around her waist.