Part Twenty-Seven

A/N: I know what you're probably thinking. *ehem* "I took her this long to write THIS?!" Yeah, well, honestly I was thinking that nobody actually wanted to read this story anymore, so I didn't feel motivated to write at all :/ Sorry bout that. But, I back xD at least for the time being :p For now, just enjoy this boring, short, poorly written chapter, and I'll upload as soon as I can! Will dedicate when I get the chance! Gotta run! :D

Part Twenty-Seven

The first thing he saw when he stepped through the door was another door. Stepping inside, he realized he'd walked into a large curved hallway. His boots thudded softly on the yellow rug in the hallway as he stepped forward to check the door in front of him. The knob turned easily - it was unlocked.

He pushed the door open and stepped inside, and was slightly baffled by what he saw. In the room was at least four mirrors, two in the middle of the room, and two attached to the walls, and there was no apparent reason for which they were there.

The left wall of the room was made completely of bars, and so he could see through to the next rooms. The room directly to the left of the room he was in held a clear pedestal. It also appeared to have mirrors, but on the walls rather than in the middle of the room. There was also a door in that room on the far wall.

The room to the immediate left of the middle room was seemingly similar to the one he stood in at that moment.

Seeing as there wasn't anything apparent he could do in the room he stood in, he reopened the door behind him and stepped back into the hallway. His boots padded softly on the yellow carpet as he made his way to the door that lead to the room in the middle.

Upon entering the room, he didn't find much that really stuck out to him, so, seeing as there wasn't much else he could do, he crossed the room and tried the door on the wall opposite the one he'd come through. It was locked.

With a slightly frustrated huff, he turned around. That's when he saw it. A beam of white light filtering through a glass circle in the top of the wall. He followed the trail of light with his eyes, and they landed on one of the mirrors on the ceiling, pointed to the left but slightly downwards.

Link, I think all these mirrors may be a guide for that light, but where do you suppose it's to be aimed?

Looking around the room again, he got an idea. He traveled back out into the hallway, and further down to the last door. Going inside, he observed that the light passed through the bars, and dead ended on the floor just to the side of one of the standing mirrors in the middle of the room. He found his assumption to be correct when he saw the small handles on either side of the mirror, suggesting it was in fact able to turn.

He looked around for another mirror to aim the light at, and found only one that the light would be able to reach. It was directly parallel to the wall made of bars. He grabbed the handle with both hands and had to pull using all of his weight just to get the thing to move at all. When he finally got it to where it pointed at the mirror mounted on the wall, the light reflected off of it and across the room diagonally, hit another mirror at the other corner of the room, and then bounced back straight across the room, through the middle room, and onto a mirror in the furthest room, where it reflected off of it and dead ended on the wall next to the last mirror.

With a swiftness as quick as his determination, he left the room, sprinted down the curved hallway, and opened the door to the room where the light trail had ended. He walked over to the last mirror, and was relieved when he found this one also had handles. Looking around, he found two or three mirrors in the vicinity of the last mirror, but only one that the light would be able to reach with the angle of the light where it hit the last mirror. This time, he grabbed the handle from behind and had to push with all the strength he had, his boots slipping slightly on the stone floor.

The light hit the mirror that was directly across from the door, bounced across the room again, zigzagged between three mirrors, bounced back across the middle room, into the corner, and then to another rotating mirror, where the light dead ended on the wall between two mirrors.

He crossed the hallway again, going back to the furthest room in the hall, and back to the mirror that the light dead ended off of. He grabbed hold of the mirror and turned it so that the light would move to the right, where it reflected diagonally across the room, bounced off another mirror straight across the room, zigzagged off another to the room in the middle, and then cut diagonally to the first room once again, where it left a small circle of light on the wall right next to another rotating mirror.

He went out into the hallway again, through the door to the first room, and to the mirror the light beamed next to. He turned the mirror, hoping that this time would be the last, and then the light caught. He had to think harder to figure out where to aim the light this time, as every other mirror in the room had already been hit with light. It took him a minute, but eventually he found a mirror through the bars in the middle room, near the door. He pushed the mirror the rest of the way and then it happened.

The light bounced from the mirror, to one directly across the room hung at an angle, and then straight into the clear pedestal in the center of the middle room. The light danced off the inside walls of the chasm, seemingly making it glow brighter then spread out from the box, lighting up the entire room, bright enough that Link had to shield his eyes with his forearm.

A shrill ring emanated from the room, and then all the light was sucked back into the box, and even the beams of light were gone from the mirrors. He looked up just as a loud clunk sounded and a wooden chest fell from the ceiling, stirring up a puff of dust into the air.

He left the room he was in and went into the room in the middle where the chest had fallen. He walked around the pedestal and over to the chest, kicking it open with his foot. He bent to retrieve a small brass key. Looking up, his eyes found the locked door again, and he stood up and walked over to it.

He pushed the key into the small hole and it clicked easily into place. He turned it and he heard the lock click open. He reached out for the brass handle, giving it a tug, causing the door to swing open with a loud creak. He looked inside.

The room was empty.