Chapter 31: My Son Just Had Sex

Lo'ak couldn't let go of her.

He is afraid that if he does it will all be a dream, a very happy dream yes, but a dream none the less.

And so he doesn't let go, he still holds her, even moving closer to her, wanting to be as close to her as possible.

It seems that Esmyrie doesn't want to let go either because she continues to play with his hair, her eyes searching his face for answers.

"You kissed me." Esmyrie states, but it sounds more like a question.

"Y-yeah, I did." Lo'ak stutters out causing his cheeks to redden even more than they were.

He never stutters but here he is, acting like a nervous wreck around the girl.

"Why?" Esmyrie moves her hands from his hair and slides them down his arms, causing goosebumps to form on the boys skin from where she trails her fingers.

"You make me happy. And I like being around you. I like you." Lo'ak admits, his hands moving from her face to rest at her shoulders.

Esmyrie blushes and tries to hide her face but Lo'ak won't do that, putting his thumb and pointer to hold her chin.

"And if you don't like me back, I get it. I'm a troublesome son who messes up more times then not. Just say the word and we can forget this ever happened." Lo'ak says, and Esmyrie can feel the tremble in his fingers that hold hers.

He is shaking, absolutely terrified of the outcome.

"Lo'ak-"

"-And I know I probably annoy you and-"

"-Lo'ak." Esmyrie tries again to just get interrupted.

"And I'm probably the last person you would want as a future mate which is-"

"- Lo'ak."

"-Not to mention that I'm really fucking ugly and-"

Lo'ak can't finish his rambling because he gets slapped on the cheek lightly, causing his eyes to widen and a frown to form on his face. He finally shuts his mouth and moves his palm to where he was just slapped, eyes turning sad.

"Ow! What was that for?" Lo'ak whines.

"You wouldn't shut up and let me talk." Esmyrie scolds, talking sternly like a mother does to a child.

"But you slapped me." Lo'ak pouts out, eyes casting downward to the sand below them instead of the girl, still rubbing on his tender skin.

"I'm sorry, love. That was a little rude but I needed to get your attention." Esmyrie says, the nickname love easily falling off her lips.

"Love?" Lo'ak asks, his eyes brightening and a small smirk forming on his face.

"I like you too. I always have. I just feared that since we were best friends it wouldn't work. And I always thought you deserved better than me, but I've always wanted you. I think Eywa chose us from the beginning. Why else would we be born days apart and be so close? I think Eywa chose us. And if she didn't, well then that just sucks, because I did. I choose us. I choose you." Esmyrie says, causing the boys eyes to cast to her own, seeing if there is any lie.

When Lo'ak sees that her eyes hold nothing but the truth he can't help but have a wide smile form on his face, teeth showing.

"Really?" Lo'ak asks, not truly believing it.

"Yeah, really. Now please, kiss me." Esmyrie practically begs out and Lo'ak doesn't need to be told twice.

He pulls Esmyrie so her chest hits his, and he crashed his lips onto hers.