Seventeen [You are my only hope]

ELLA

I'm awake and I'm glad to see myself happy of the third day after being sold to Vincenzo—yeah, he is not the devil I thought he would be. Vincenzo is more like a friend to me, well I'll be a liar if I don't admit about having a little crush on my boss. He is a dashing Greek god.

Last night went well. After swimming we eat pizza with red wine. Every single day with Vincenzo seems like a date. He and his expensive wines, he has the ability to change each normal dinner into an alluring date and I really appreciate what he does for me. Seriously speaking, no one ever did the things that Vincenzo is doing.

He is a gem. I grin at my own words and not to mention that I'm blushing...

I stride all the way down to the kitchen and I spot a blonde lady, she seems to be in her late forties. Instead of asking her something, I walk forward to the kitchen. She beams at me.

"Good morning, I'm Julia. Mr. Romano's servant." She explains.

"Good morning." I smile, "I am Ella."

"Ella. I haven't seen you before." She continues to do her stuffs in the kitchen.

"I wasn't here. I came here yesterday. I'm Mr. Vincenzo's..."

I'm not astonished that someone cut my sentence, "business partner." Vincenzo adds from behind. My jaw drops in surprise.

What the heck? Business partner! Is he serious right now?

"Ella is my business partner." He says as he approaches close to the kitchen. He is shirtless and appears damn hot with the morning sun rays penetrating from the huge window through his fair skin making him look gold.

Julia nods her head at Vincenzo’s words then she sets two plates in front us. We are sitting by the island bar in the kitchen. Julia has make muffins and the vanilla scent smells damn nice. She pours us tea with cream, I didn’t know Vincenzo likes tea; he seems more like a black coffee guy. He gestures something at Julia and she walks toward the stairs then vanishes upstairs.
“How am I your business partner?” I ask him with gritted teeth, and he gives me a calm look. His brows tick.

“Did you just grit your teeth in my presence?” he asks then smirks.

“I’m sorry, can you answer my question?”

He nods with a beam, “you’ll find out soon, Ella Montero.” I watch as he takes a sip from his cup. “I’ve purchased you, so it’ll be better if you avoid questioning me about each thing I’ll do against you.” He sounds cold. Am I the only person who can’t understand him or there are more people who get pissed with him? His mood swings are kind of irritating.

I take in a deep breath then take a sip from my cup of tea, its vanilla flavor and I love it, it smells good too. Keeping back the cup, I take a bite from my muffin then glance at Vincenzo. I’m not surprised that he is already staring down at me; even he is sitting beside me, he looks like a tower.

“Are you pissed?” he asks as he sounds amazing out of the blue.

“Yeah I’m annoyed and tired of your mind changing moods.”

He chuckles then grins, “by the way I forgot to tell you, my mother invited us over for lunch.”

“That’s really nice of her.” I smile.

“I guess she likes you.” He mutters and I nod with a smile.

“Am I still your assistant if your mother asks, or I’m some sort among your business partner?” I press my lips together and wait for him to absorb my words.
“Good question, Montero.” He smirks and his eyes flicker to me with an amazed look. “You’re my business partner from now on-for everyone.” He eats a piece of his muffin. “And we work together for most of the time; days ago you were my assistant because you needed some experience how to run a casino.”