13

Y/n Pov:

We were eating our desserts and laughing along to embarrassing stories we were telling each other. Me and Jenna would occasionally glance at each other sharing a smile or small touches that meant a lot to both of us. I was currently listening to Aaliyah telling a story on an embarrassing encounter with a cashier when Jenna patted my knee before resting it there. I smiled at her putting my hand on top of hers running my thumb over her knuckles making her smile with her teeth at me leaning her body on my shoulder.

We stay at that position for the rest of the night sometimes shifting in each other's touch to adjust comfortably. I glanced at my watch seeing that it's late and look at Jenna with a knowing look. "I think we should get going it's getting late." Jenna says patting my knee before standing up, me following her movements. "Oh no Miija you can stay the night, I have a nightshift tomorrow so don't worry about work my love." Natalie insists. Edward nodding to that. "We can have breakfast together." Edward suggest from the couch. Me and Jenna share a look both agreeing. "Alright that sounds nice." Jenna says pulling me by arm back into the couch.

"So Y/n tell us something about yourself." Aaliyah suggest. I think about what I should say for a while "Uh well I grew up in Coachella valley as a kid." I begin Aaliyah cutting me off. "No way we did too!" she says shocked, Natalie following suit "Actually now that you said that you kinda look familiar." Jenna's mom admits watching my face closely. I try to remember if it could be true "How about you continue telling us about yourself babe?" Jenna breaks my thoughts shifting uncomfortably in her seat. "Right, after my mom died I moved here and started to work at a local club to get me the money I need. I wish I could've gone to college but the death of my mom was too much to handle at that time." I finish trying to avoid talking about the traumatic experiences I have dealt with in the past. I earn sorry looks my way but immediately say that it's okay and I'm over her death.

We moved on talking about different topics and somehow ended up looking at family vacation photos. I would make fun of baby Jenna, earning playful slaps from her or hearing her tell her mom to stop embarrass her. The TV softly playing distracted us, Edward sits up and turns up the volume. " 5 days ago a body was found at St valley by a local grocery store. The victim appears to have have a shot wound in his chest. Witnesses say the victim was trying to rob a around 60 year old woman before it happened. Police say it was luck in bad luck for the Woman deciding to break off the investigation. Back to you Tray." A news reporter talked in the microphone standing in front of the scene I shot the guy at. I softy smirk looking at Jenna seeing her already smirk at me, we both lean in for a quick kiss while the others talk about the incident.

Clueless.

I intertwine our fingers with the hand Jenna had laced around my neck kissing her knuckles softly. " Poor guy bad karma got him hard, I wonder if they found the shooter." Natalie mumbles to her husband. Earning an agreed groan from him. I glance at them fighting the urge to smirk even more than I already am leaning into the couch, pretending I'm distracted. "If only they knew..." Jenna whispers in my ear smirking at me. I shut her up with a kiss smiling at the kiss. "Yeah who would do something stupid like that." I say dramatically rolling my eyes playfully. Earning a laugh from Jenna. "You're evil criminal." Jenna says cuddling into my chest. "You know you love it butthead." I say watching the TV wrapping my arm around her waist making Jenna jump slightly. I glance at her quickly before paying attention to the TV again.

---------

"Today was fun." I say pulling the sheets away from the bed so I can get in. "Yea it was." Jenna agrees putting on her shirt. "I didn't think your room would look like this to be honest." I tell her looking around her teenage room we were going to sleep at tonight. Just earning a small nod from her, I furrow my eyebrows watching her get into bed next to me. "You okay?" I ask slowly. "I'm fine." She says with no emotion. "Doesn't seem like it my love." I say honestly. " I said I'm fine Y/n." she snaps at me pulling the blankets over her and turning her back on me. I look at her back with hurt in my eyes. "Close the lights." she says harshly. I obey and lay down myself not closing my eyes trying to think of something I done wrong.
——

Hour after hour goes by, empty minded I stare out the window from the bed. Maybe she needs comfort I think to myself, trying to make myself believe I'm not the one needing it. I move closer to her wrapping my arm around her waist, carefully trying to not wake her up. I try to relax to her touch hearing her beautiful heart beating and her soft breathing. I close my eyes trying to fall asleep, adjusting my position what feels like the 100th time tonight. I huff out sinking my head in the pillow further hoping it will make me fall asleep. At that Jenna shifts in my arms letting out a quiet mumble. I lift my head to see if she's awake but seeing her eyes closed I plop my head back into the pillow.I hear Jenna's heartbeat quicken making me confused pulling her more into me. She lets out multiple mumbles and squirms in my arms until they turn into mumbled no's and please's. She starts kicking her legs under the covers. I Sit up looking over her body seeing her eyes tightly shut, sweat running down her forehead. "Jenna." I say lightly shaking her.

No response.

I repeat my actions still no response. "Jenna." I say louder shaking her harder. She starts to move her head back and forth mumbling no's and please's all over again. Panicking I shake her rising my voice telling her to wake up. She Jumps taking a loud breath in, fear written all over her eyes as she looks around the room, like she's looking for something. I turn the lights on squinting my eyes trying to adjust to the lights. I touch Jenna's shoulder to comfort her. "Don't touch me." She says panicked and scared jumping as my fingertips slightly touched her shoulder. I retrieve my hand back to my body and walk around the bed so I could look at her in the eyes. I kneel down being eye level in front of her. She continues to look around the room. " It's just a nightmare my love." I say softly. Leaning my head on the mattress looking at her.

She wipes the sweat from her forehead, her whole body shaking her eyes looking down at her lap. A silence filled the room, I watched every action Jenna did studying her body language trying to know what happened without her telling me as she tries to calm down. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask breaking the silence. Jenna looks around the room as if she is checking if it's safe to talk. Her lips quivering as she looks at me for the first time in her room. " Something bad happened to me Y/n, something really terrible." She says above a whisper breaking the eye contact letting out a sob.

----------------

1329 Words.
Is jenna gonna tell y/n what happened with percy? 🫣