XXVIII

„You mean Gojo?" he chuckled and looked over to you to get your reaction.

„What?" you laughed uncomfortably and raised your eyebrows.

Megumi smiled and taste tested the food. „Oh, hasn't he told you? He basically raised me. I think I met him when I was like 7, or something."

„But...?" you opened your eyes wide and stared at him. „But how did you turn out normal? Like have you not gone crazy? At least at some point?"

Another chuckle left his lips and he turned around to lean against the kitchen counter. „Well, I quickly realize to not take him seriously at some points."

Unbelievingly you shook your head with a smile. „Wow, and he really took care of you?"

„Mostly." Megumi looked up to the ceiling and squinted his eyes to think about his childhood with Gojo. „He's annoying but it wasn't that bad after all. I mean he cared for me, I always had enough food. I nearly died several times and he keeps a photo dump of me being beaten up on his phone but besides that I learned how to survive. And he's a good sorcerer which means I learned from the best."

„I guess he somehow did a good job." you commented and grabbed your chopsticks to taste the food that was currently frying in the hot pan. It smelled delicious and your saliva formed a pool in your mouth. „You turned out pretty cool."

Together you finished cooking and prepared the food to serve. A big selection of noodles, Onigiri, meat and many side dishes quickly filled the table in the common room and all the students -including Gojo- choose a place around it. You were sitting between him and Nobara.

„Mhm, it's smells amazing." Yuji complimented and already let his metal chopsticks clack together.

„Thank you for the meal!" all of you said together and waited for Gojo to have the first bite since he was the oldest at the table. Suspicious, he let his eyes wander over the food and inspected the dishes carefully.

„Which ones made Y/N and which ones made Megumi? I don't wanna get food poisoning." he teased and grabbed a pice of meat.

You raised an eyebrow and inhaled deeply. „I'm a great cook. I had to get creative when it came to making food."

Finally he put the pice with some rice in his mouth and started munching, only to keep you waiting and then finally throwing a satisfied thumbs up. Now the rest of you could started eating and everyone quickly grabbed a bunch of different things. You started with taking some side dishes since you preferred them and wanted to leave the meat to the students. They have to get strong anyways.

As you turned back to your plate you realized there was a bunch of meat on it that you definitely hadn't place there. Confused you looked over to Gojo who was softly smiling at you.

„Hmpf, you haff- to be pepaled fol tomollow!" he explained between his bites and a full mouth. „You have your first mission."

Yuji gasped. „Oh, really? Can we join? Please! I wanna see Y/N fight and be all epic and cool." he begged and gave Gojo his sweetest and most innocent smile he could.

But he shook his head. „Y/N is going to do that alone. She has to learn how to act and solve problems on her own first. But you can give her tips if you want."

„Don't die." Maki commented from the side and shoved an Onigiri in her mouth. A small smile appeared on your face and you nodded. „Noted."

„Don't rush things. Check what's around you first." - „Don't underestimate your enemies." - „Sometimes flight is better than fight."