84

Colby's POV

I felt bad that I have been missing for the past couple weeks. Julia has been such a trooper about all of this, but I could see the light inside of her dimming.

I was so glad I could spend her birthday with her. She didn't bring up the fact it was her birthday which made me believe she thought I had forgotten it.

The truth was I had been planning to get her a phone for a while now, but was scared since it was so trackable.

It's been a week since she has had it though and I could see the excitement in her eyes when she would get to talk to the girls.

It was good to see her be able to talk to them since I knew she was so lonely.

It had been a long month since we had gotten back from LA. I was gone most of the time, scoping the city in hopes to find Adam or at least the gang he was with.

It was hard work but I was starting to think we were onto something.

"Did you want to come with me today?" I asked as Julia wrapped her arms around my waist from behind while I brushed my teeth.

"Yeah." She said quietly and pressed her cheek against my back. "Okay. Get ready then." I said with a laugh then rinsed my mouth out.

I watched as she went to get dressed. I had to admit that living with her again has been so nice.

Getting to wake up with her every morning and going to sleep with her beside me made the hard days worth it.

We got ready then made our way to base. "Are you leaving me right now?" Julia asked as we got situated in my office.

"No, I have to do a couple things here then I'm gonna have to leave." I said as she nodded. "Perfect." She said with a smile then looked at the sketchbook she was sketching in.

She would look up at me occasionally, catching my eye every few seconds.

"What are you doing?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the computer screen.

"Drawing you." She hummed causing me to laugh. "What?" I asked and looked over at her. "See?" She asked and held up the sketchbook.

On the paper was the beginnings of a picture of me. It wasn't close to being done but I could tell by what she had so far that it was me.

"That's really good, Jules." I said causing her to grin. "Thanks." She said then turned it back towards her so she could work on it some more.

We worked in silence for a while before it was time for me to leave.

"Alright, sweetheart. I'll be back later tonight." I said then stood up. "I don't want you to go. I'm not done with my drawing yet." Julia said with a frown.

"I'll try to be back early. You can finish it then." I said then leaned down and kissed her. "Be safe, I love you." She said as I nodded.

"I will. I love you, too." I said then grabbed my gun and my phone and made my way out of the room.

I didn't really want to go to work today because it was become tedious. Nothing we did was coming to any conclusions which was frustrating.

We haven't had any casualties or anything lately though which was nice.

"Jeremy. Let's go." I said as I knocked on his door. "On it." He said loudly as I crossed my arms.

When he opened the door he looked at me and nodded once. "Sorry for making you wait." He said as I nodded.

"It's fine." I said blandly then started to walk down the hallway. It actually wasn't a big deal at all but I couldn't have people thinking I would wait on them all the time.