Chapter 8

I got back to my room and immediately took a bath. I didn't take long baths usually but today I felt like it and filled the tub with warm water before starting what I called as decorating. Prissy loved putting rose petals and colorful soaps in my bath but I never understood why people liked doing that. In my past life I really liked looking at photographs of people underwater or in decorated bathtubs but I never wanted to be in their place. I felt a bit dumb decorating now but was quite satisfied with how my bath turned out. I took a good book and slipped into the water. After an hour I got bored and came out of the bath feeling completely relaxed. I quite liked the good scent that was emanating from my skin now that I decorated the bath and spent a few minutes inhaling it with a smile.

I was exhausted and had one of the best nights in my life. My bed at school was really comfortable and I didn't want to leave it in the morning. I missed Prissy who would come to wake me up gently. Now I had to wake up to an alarm which startled me every morning. This couldn't be good for my heart. In the following days I avoided the prince and he left me alone to give me space to cool down for which I was grateful. Being a princess, I was quite popular and everyone wanted to be my friend. Some days it was nice meeting new people but other days I avoided them as much as possible. I didn't mind people approaching me to become friends but I didn't like it when they approached me to ask me about things concerning Alastair such as his favorite color, what he liked to eat etc.

Because of my beauty and my fiance, there were two types of people around me: those who liked me and asked me all these stupid questions and those who were jealous of me. They looked at me with cold eyes and I could read their thoughts from afar. It wasn't my fault if Alastair wasn't available anymore I was way too young to say anything about it. He had been at this school before me and already had a good reputation. A lot of people liked him and I knew that there was even a fan club that was created for people who had a crush on him. He had good grades and was polite to everyone which explained his popularity.

Apart from my classmates, teachers paid close attention to me too. They always seemed stressed or proud to have me in their class and made sure I understood everything. However when it was the case I didn't really listen in class and only drew. I didn't like being treated differently because of my status. What kind of school was this? Even if the subjects were interesting, I lost all my interest when seeing the teachers. I just wanted to be 18 years old as soon as possible. I wanted to find a peaceful ranch and ride all day everyday while painting until I fell asleep. I wanted to walk barefoot on the grass and look at the stars and wanted to wear whatever I wanted without anyone telling me that it wasn't ladylike. I just had to keep up a little more.

The best moment of my day was when I fought. I started taking sparring classes at 10 years old. It took multiple years to achieve this because one : people were scared I would get hurt and two : people thought a girl shouldn't be good with a sword. Despite her being worried about me, Prissy helped me a lot but we didn't manage to convince the family. They underestimated my stubbornness and I finished learning. They agreed soon after Orange came to our house by the way. When I started fighting I couldn't stop until my opponent was on the ground. I saw red and hit them again and again without feeling anything. This was the only time that I felt truly powerful. Once again I didn't realize how tired I was before I saw a water bottle being handed to me. I saw a guy smile at me shily:

"Hello again. I swear I wasn't following you."

I smiled before taking the bottle. He appeared behind me like a ghost but he seemed nice.

"Thanks."

He started scratching his head not knowing what to say so I decided to help:

"Are you taking the same sparring classes as me?