𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕 || 𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

【ADMIN NOTE】

✎ やほ~ I would like to personally congratulate you dear reader for passing the exam ;) (totally was not all my doing)

Fairly short chapter, my apologies. The next one is anticipated to be quite lengthy.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

█ 15%

██ 30%

███ 45%

████ 60%

█████ 75%

██████ 100%

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

My alternate self dissipated into the abyss. And slender transitioned back into his typical form, bringing a wave of relief through me. Surely this was a good sign.

He inched closer to me until he was about 3 feet in front of me, still towering over me despite having shrunken a few feet.

"Y/N L/N..."

"You pass."

A wave of relief surges through my body. I picked myself off from the ground, allowing a relieved smile to grow. Had to admit, it was enough to make me tear up once again.

I let out a little chuckle through heavy breaths, placing a hand on my heart. Alas, I could bask in the satisfaction of the foreign feeling of calmness.

After allowing the relief to subside a bit, I found myself chuckling aloud, "ahhahhhhh...what the actual fuck..?" I turn to look into the "eyes" of Slenderman. "How, what, when, where, why, who, whyyyy??" My words spurred out of my mouth, "how did I pass? Why did I pass?"

Once again, the scary experience of witnessing him chuckle still evoked fear within me, "well dear, this test was not that would measure your physical nor mental capabilities, but rather your willpower and gut instinct. Two paramount features I seek within underealmers," "and you dear, have just that."

The feeling of him referring to me as dear was both mildly uncomfortable and...actually it just makes me uncomfortable.

"You see, that force that was pulling you through that door? That was all you were doing. It was not mine. A mortal's yearn to achieve their dreams will far tower anything else. But, your instinct allowed you to counteract that, which is why you were able to fight against it."

"...why did you take away my memories only to give them back again?"

"I gave it all to you all at once. That was important to further determine if you'd be able to fight against your urge to live in the future you've always dreamed of," he explained, "those memories being fed to you all at once only amplified those urges."

"...yeah, I suppose you're right," a brief moment of silence fell upon us, "...so what now?"

Just as I inquired, we were then teleported back to what seemed to be a room of the mansion. As much as it wasn't home to me, being back here brought upon a bittersweet feeling of comfort.

I was then greeted with a vaguely familiar face.

It was the person on the TV monitors earlier when I was greeted with mustard gas...Cody...if I recall his name correctly.