thirty seven.

deadly games❝the king of hearts❞

deadly games
the king of hearts

  FEELING LOST, but still running until your legs felt numb seemed to be useless. It was as if you were slowly giving up, mental exhaustion taking over your entire body. It was a Hearts game that had everyone run as if they were chased by the King of Spades.
The King of Hearts was something else. It had all the necessary elements to put people under a lot of pressure, which couldn't even be put on pause because of the supposed beast. Darkness was surrounding everyone, the walls were leaving only a small space between them and the beast was chasing the players ready to kill.
Even if it didn't look too much of a Hearts game, it was still one. With a well hidden catch that might be the reason no one will be able to leave the maze.

After the first victim got locked in and the beast got her, the other four players ran like there was no tomorrow. The only possible way for the beast to get there was through that big hole on the ceiling. So it was hidden inside the walls until that moment.

Not after long, the running came to face a dead end. The old man who was in front of you stopped suddenly, forcing you to do the same.

"We need to go back." you said as you stared at the concrete wall that blocked the continuity of the way.

"If we go back the beast will catch us!" the man in front of you protested.

Your eyes almost rolled as you turned your back to him in order to face Keiju and the other guy, that were supposed to be behind you the entire time. There was no trace of them, it looked like it's been a while since they got lost.
But how did they got lost?
Since you began running away from that door, the path was straight with no other confusing choices occurring on the way. And you were completely sure that they were behind you. You checked on Keiju whenever you got a chance, even if it was for a short moment.

"Fine, then. You can remain here alone while I go back. Good luck." you told him, knowing that he'd probably do anything just so he won't be on his own.

"Do you have a plan?" he asked with genuine curiosity.

"For now, my only plan is to find my friend that seems to have gotten lost."

  "And would you really risk your life so foolishly for him?"

It was indeed a very foolish thing to do. Whenever you saw Arisu risking his life for others, you kept getting frustrated. Wondering why he did it, without being able to understand it. But now you did. It was like something was pressing on your soul, making it desperate and generating thoughts that wouldn't stop until you got to him. Even so, if it were the case, would you give up on yourself for Keiju? Your principles were all you've ever known and you respected them as a part of you.