Chapter 49: Feeling Left Out

All I could think about for the whole day was getting to go with Jax on a shipment run tonight. I know I wasn't technically going to be a part of it but the thought of being that close to mafia related operations was thrilling. As much as I thought I wanted to be away from that life, the whole ordeal with Mason Taylor and the French just kind of sucked me back in. The danger of it all is addicting.

I'm currently at my apartment waiting on Jaxon to pick me up. He's about half an hour late which is unlike him. I have not had any texts from him about it, but I'm trying not to get worried about it just yet. He might just have been caught up at the warehouse.  

At the 45-minute mark, I started getting annoyed. He wasn't answering his phone. Something must be up because at this rate, even if we left now, the shipment he wanted to 'oversee' would be finished by the time we got there. I decided to call Asher to see what was going on.

"Hey Al what's up?" he answered after a few rings, "Hey Asher, I'm just wondering if you know where Jax is, he was supposed to pick me up nearly an hour ago and hasn't showed" I explain, kind of nervous to hear his reply. "Oh. I thought he would've told you already, turns out the two guys that attacked Winter and Aspen were part of a smaller gang. We didn't know until they tried to retaliate this afternoon wanting their guys back. Jaxon's gone on a bit of a rampage to take them all out." I don't really know what to do with that information. I can't believe he didn't tell me. I mean I get why I'm not allowed to be involved with it but I still thought he would've at least sent me a text, after all, we did have plans. 

"Aww okay, is it anything I should be worried about?" I knew that was a stupid question, Jaxon could handle himself, especially against a smaller gang but I wanted to ask anyway. Asher giggled a little, "Absolutely not, Jaxon is very familiar with the leader, he's been looking for a reason to take them down for a while now. It shouldn't take too long, I'll have him call you when he gets back." he says, "Okay thank you Asher." With that we both hung up. 

I can't help but feel a little jealous of Jaxon. I really wish he would let me help. I actually enjoy doing that sort of stuff. I was always taught family before anything and so tracking down someone that hurt your family and making sure they can't ever do it again is so satisfying. It brings such a feeling of accomplishment. I felt that with Mason Taylor and I want to feel it again. I just don't know if Jaxon will ever give me the chance to. 

I decided just to go to the gym in the building and then have an early night. I pushed myself pretty hard in my session and so I was exhausted by the time I got back upstairs to my apartment. I still haven't received any calls from Jaxon and I'm starting to think I won't be getting one.  

***

The next morning I woke up to see I had a few missed calls and a goodnight message from jaxon sent at 2am. I'm assuming the late night means he probably won't be at school today. I sigh at that then get myself ready for the day. I grab a red bull quickly then hop in my car to go to school. When I get there I notice Julian, Theo and Grayson walking towards my car. 

"Hey" I greet them as I get out. "Hey", "Good morning" and "What's up" are the replies I get from them. "Where's Lucas, Joe and Owen?" I ask after looking around and not seeing them. "They went to the gym for extra practice this morning, we've got a game coming up this week" Theo explains, "Wanna come watch?" Julian asks, I squint my eyes at them, "I'll think about it, when is it?" I ask, actually considering it. I've been to a couple of their games before any they're actually quite good. Although sometimes they're too good to the point its not really much of a challenge, which makes for the game being a little boring. "This Friday, we're playing against one of the city schools." Grayson says.  That piques my interest, the city schools are usually quite good, I might have to go this time, "Hmmm okay, I might just have to watch that, there's a chance you guys might loose and I don't think I can pass up the chance to see Julian have one of his tantrums" I say jokingly squishing his cheeks. The other two laughed as Julian just rolled his eyes and shoved me off. "Shut up" he mumbled, in a grumpy voice. At that moment the bell rang and off into the building we went. 

***

As lunch rolled around, I received a text from Jaxon telling me to come outside to the car park. I told Julian not to wait up on me since he was in my last class and made my way outside. Jaxon was standing outside his car waiting on me. As I got closer he started walking towards me, when he reached me he wrapped his arms around me. "I'm sorry" he whispered in my ear. I pulled away and looked pointedly at him "You had me worried, I wish you would've at least text to tell me what was going on." I said, he just sighed, "I know and I'm sorry for that, I just got so caught up. I didn't even realise the time. I completely forgot I had said to you about the shipment." He doesn't say I'm sorry often so I decided not to push him. "It's okay, so tell me, what happened anyway. Asher said those guys were in a gang?" I asked hoping to get more information. If I can't be a part of it, I at least want to hear about it. We walked over and got into the car for some privacy before he continued, "Yeah they were. It's a smaller gang from a few towns over. They've tried to start shit with my lower-level guys a few times in the past. I don't think the two realised who Winter was, but when their leader, Geroge, found out we had them he attempted to raid one of my nightclubs." He scoffed and laughed a little shaking his head, "Fucking idiot thought he'd succeed. My guys caught him and his men, and it didn't take long to track down the remaining members. Needless to say, they won't be a problem again." He explains. "Sounds like you had a good night then." Is all I could think to say.

"You know I can't have you with me on this stuff. It's one thing for people to see us on dates but it's another for you to actually be involved in the business. Rivals would get curious if they saw your skills and start looking into who you actually are. You can't stand out to them Aleja, you know this." he says softly at the end. I just look down at my lap knowing he's right. "Plus, when the time comes to meet your father, I'd rather you be in one piece for that." He says lifting my chin up, and planting a little kiss on my lips. "I know, I know but I can't help it! It frustrates me to sit on the side-lines. At least let me drive next time." I plead with him. He just cocks his head at me, "Maybe, If there's minimal chances of something going wrong then yes, I'll let you drive." My eyes light up and I throw my arms around him, leaning over the middle console. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I say in between kisses. "Okay now off you go back in, I've still got shit to do. Go back to mine after school and I'll meet you there later." I smile, nodding and give him one last kiss before exiting the car. I walk back into school, now in a much better mood than I was. 

***

After school I stayed for an hour or so to watch the boy's train. Jaxon wasn't going to be home till later so I decided to waste some time doing this. They even let me join in on a few drills. I think they were all extremely surprised by my secret basketball skills. I used to play back home but life got busy at home so I had to stop. I miss it a lot but I don't think I'd pick it back up again. 

When training was over I drove over to Jaxon's house and walked up to Winter's room to see if she wanted to hang out since Jaxon still wasn't home. I knocked on her door and she sniffled before asking who it was, I scrunched up my eyebrows, was she crying? "It's Alejandra, are you okay?" I ask concerned through the door. "You can come in" she says softly. I open the door and walk in to find her with a tear-stained face sitting at the edge of her bed. "What's going on are you okay?" I ask rushing over to her side. This just makes her cry harder as I wrap my arms around her. 

"I can't help you if you don't tell me what happened" I say, trying to get her to talk to me, she sniffles, trying to catch her breath before saying the last thing on earth I thought would come out of her mouth right now. 

"I think I might be pregnant".

***

Hey Guys, I'm so sorry for being MIA for so long. I just lost my motivation for writing but I'm trying to get it back! There's another part coming very very soon for you all! Thank you so much for bearing with me