TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
IT'S THE SIGN OF THE TIMES

THE WARM AIR STUCK TO BILLY'S SKIN AS HE FOCUSED ON HIS FOOTING

THE WARM AIR STUCK TO BILLY'S SKIN AS HE FOCUSED ON HIS FOOTING. It was still humid outside despite being well into the evening—the first indication that the upcoming summer was going to be ruthless. Diana claimed it was global warming, or at least that's what Robin told her.

"We shouldn't be doing this," Diana said, glancing down from her position above him. "What if we get caught?"

He let out an amused huff as his hand gripped the chain-linked fence. His girlfriend may have grown back into the fiery person she was before her last relationship, but she still had the habit of people pleasing. She hated confrontation and her brows would furrow when she thought the possibility of getting in trouble was close. He found it endearing.

"Ana the angel," he chuckled, "always so worried."

Diana rolled her eyes and continued to climb the fence. "Billy the bitch, never worried enough." She muttered the words but her voice sounded louder in the quiet of the night.

Billy would have argued that she broke minor traffic laws every day, always speeding over the limit and parking in places that she shouldn't, and that sneaking into the local pool wasn't much different. But her foot was above his head and he knew she wasn't afraid to 'accidentally' kick him.

"We're trespassing." She reached the top of the fence and lowered herself down on the other side with Billy following closely behind. "You could lose your job before you even start it."

He rolled his eyes at her and when both of their feet hit the ground, his hand reached for her hips. Tugging her closer by her belt buckle, he said, "Would you relax? We're fine, baby. Besides, you're wrong about one thing." He dug into his back pocket and dangled a set of keys in front of her face. "We're not trespassing if I have the keys."

A smug smirk spread across his face as Diana'a jaw dropped and he laughed when she smacked his arm.

"Are you kidding me?" She exclaimed. "You made me climb the fence for no reason?"

"I had a reason. I enjoyed the view I had while climbing up very much."

She hit his arm again and his grin widened. He liked when she pouted.

"You're such a pig."

"Good thing you're not a vegetarian."

Billy nudged her, causing her to stumble. When she regained her balance, she pushed him back even harder. There was mischief in her stare as the two erupted into laughter, going back and forth as they tried to push the other back without actually hurting each other.

They neared the edge of the pool and Diana saw the perfect opportunity to push him in. With his back facing the water and his attention wrapped up in her beauty, she pushed him as hard as she could, sending him into the pool.