[0.05]

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅::]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

'OTOUSAN?'

It's the next morning, but the bowl of noodles I made for my father still sits on the kitchen counter- completely uneaten and now, cold to the touch

It's the next morning, but the bowl of noodles I made for my father still sits on the kitchen counter- completely uneaten and now, cold to the touch. The pool of sticky blue liquid also still stains the cheap floor, but I don't feel like cleaning it up either.

I check my appearance in the reflection of my phone screen, setting the device onto the counter and propping it up against a roll of paper towels. I tuck a piece of hair behind my ears, tilting my head to the side to check if it looks acceptable enough. Out of habit, my dusted pink cheeks puff out in irritation whilst I mess up the hair I had just fixed, opting to pull it into a singular braid instead.

It's not that I'm totally obsessed with the way I present myself, it's just that I like to look at least decent when I'm around the presence of others.

As I slide my phone into the pocket of my skirt and slip on shoes over my sock-clad feet, ready to leave for the bus, the loud sound of a thud reverberating from down the hallway has me halting my actions instead.

"Otousan?" I call out whilst quickly rushing to the cause of the commotion. I stop before his bedroom, where from the inside, the thud sound goes off continuously, as if in a never-ending loop. Everytime the thud hits, the walls rattle. It's as if he's using all his force to clash against them.

"Otousan?" I try again, but as soon as I speak it's like the thud sound gets louder.

I reach for the doorknob and hesitate if I should open the door or not. Father would probably get mad at me for barging into his room.. I've never actually been in the space before. But then again, maybe he's not feeling well- he hasn't eaten anything yesterday and now today too. He's surely late to work at this point.

I slowly turn the doorknob to the side— mentally preparing myself for what I'm about to witness. But before I can push the door open, the sound of a knock on the front door echoes out instead. I stammer back from my father's door, the sudden intrusion startling me.