Forty seven

"It's stings. Did yours sting like this?" Louis studies his neck in the mirror, me plastered to his back. We're still naked, having just showered.

His bite has already started scarring white and healing, but the skin is still red. I watch as he presses against it, hissing quietly.

"Yeah, for like a day or two, but you heal quicker than me." I admire it, studying each tooth mark imprinted into his skin. It's smaller than mine, on the opposite side. "Do you like it?"

"I love it. Thank you." He grabs my arms that are wrapped around his waist, smiling at me from the reflection in the mirror.

"Don't thank me, thank you for letting me give you it. I know a lot of alphas wouldn't even think of it." I murmur, squeezing him tighter. "And I kinda of think, I did a great job. At least it stuck."

"Of course you did, love. I knew something like this would be perfect for us, and I know how you like to be your own person, not that I'd really have a choice. You're bossier than I am." He jokes, and I slap his chest before finally pulling away from him.

"Shut up, I am not bossier than you. You have no idea what you're talking about, alpha." I snicker, watching him roll his eyes before follow me in the bedroom to the closet.

We pick out clothes for the day. Louis forcefully shoving a jumper of his over my head, saying he knows how cold I get. I roll my eyes this time as he pulls on a tshirt, but I don't complain when it displays the new mark in clear view. I ignore the way Louis looks at me when I feel a streak of pride rush over me.

Everyone is already at the table when we sit down, the chatter loud. Louis loads my plate with the range of food spread around the table before serving his own. I kiss his cheek in thanks just as there's a scandalous gasp admitted from across the table.

I look over to find Lottie, jaw dropped staring between us. I shuffle in my seat, just knowing she spotted Louis' mark.

"Lottie? You alright?" Mark asks, concerned. Lottie looks to him, back to us, then back to him

"Yes. Sorry. I'm fine, yeah fine." She fake coughs. "Choked a little."

"Ok..." Mark looks at her strangely, because despite her cover up, she's still wide eyed.

Louis just snorts a laugh and we all continue with breakfast.

***

"Harry styles!" Lottie whispers in a harsh tone as she spots me walking out of the lounge room. I look at her, wide eyed before making a break for it to the kitchen. "You can't run from me!"

She follows me in, and I spot Niall standing, eating a sandwich, against the island. He looks up and Lottie all but slams the doors to the room shut.

"See Lottie, technically it's Harry Styles-Tomlinson. And, you know, I don't really have anything to say right now." I rush out, running and hiding behind Niall.

"What is happening right now?" Niall looks between us confused, stepping aside so I'm exposed again. I scowl at him.

"Nothing-"

"It's not nothing. What is on Louis neck is not nothing." Lottie points at me, lips cracking into a cheeky grin.

I try to hide my own smile that threatens to break out. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"What? What about Louis neck? Did you go ham on the hickeys, Harry you dirty bastard?" Niall hip checks me, cackling before Lottie speaks again.

"I reckon next time you see him, take a closer look to his neck Ni, because a certain omega definitely marked him good."

"Wha- oh my goddess! Did you mark him?" Niall gasps.

I nod, crinkling my nose to stop myself from grinning in pride. Honestly, keep it together Harry.

"Harry Styles!" Niall claps me in the back.

"Styles-Tomlinson." I correct. "Guys, it not that big a deal. We were already mates..."

"No, that is a big deal! Alphas don't let omegas mark them, like hardly ever!" Lottie exclaims, Niall nodding as he agrees.

"I know... it was his idea." I confess, smiling coyly.

"I don't need to know details-"

"Awww!" Niall reacts. "I want an alpha like that."

"You already found a mate, ni-"

"Don't interrupt my day dream."

"Anyway..." Lottie and I share a look as Niall sighs dreamingly. "Did you tell him? Lou, I mean."

I swallow, nodding as she nods back, small smile gracing her lips with a knowing look.

"Good. He needed to know. You did the right thing, H."

"Tell him what?" Niall questions. "Why am I suddenly so out of the loop here?"