thirty nine.

deadly games❝the painting❞

deadly games
the painting

  CHISHIYA WAS LIKE THE SKY ON A CLOUDY DAY — UNPREDICTABLE. It was uncertain whenever he'd decide to rain or clear itself from the clouds. His clouds used to be too many to count, until they disappeared one by one after a big storm. You. He liked to be surrounded by clouds, blurring his emotions and letting him act only based on his logic. The logic he once knew seemed to slowly change as he grew more used to you. Chishiya tried for so long to keep you away, but you always found a way to go back under his skin. Like a parasite, was the way he would describe it. However, having you around lately began to feel better for him. Sometimes he would catch himself undeniably staring at you out of nowhere, or just settling with a side glance, enough to make sure that you were doing alright.

"Are you hungry?" Chishiya asked you as he welcomed you into his home — something you never thought that could happen.

"Very." you answered. "What's on the menu, chef?"

"Bread." his reply made your lips form into a thin line.

"Do I look like a bird chipping for bread crumbs?" your question was adressed in a serious manner, but Chishiya just shrugged. "I'd rather starve, thank you very much."

"If that's what you want." he left his living room, in which you were getting comfortable on the couch.

  He has a great couch.
  His medium apartment was exactly how you thought it would be. Every object was perfectly placed and of quite high quality.
  The only problem his home was facing was the feeling of emptiness. There were no pictures, no plants. Just a painting in his living room that you weren't able to fully decipher. It contained a human figure painted in white, crawled up by itself in the darkness. The background had different shades of black, in some places it was turning a dark grey — the lightest color the background had. Was it his way of describing how he was feeling? All alone in a world full of demons and dark atmosphere. Somehow, it made sense, but at the same time, it made you feel bad for him, not being able to mentain in place the feeling that you misjudged him the entire time. He opened up once, it didn't mean that it was all. Chishiya must've faced more difficulties than that, probably including people that weren't his family.

Your zoning out stopped once he came back in the living room, holding two black cups that seemed to be hot. Once he placed them on the table in front of the couch along with chopsticks, you realized they were the same noodles you ate with him that night in your apartment. Your favorite noodles.

"I thought you only had bread." you glanced at him.

"Did you transform into a bird in the mean time?"

"Nope, these are actually my favorite." you took the hot cup carefully. "Can I ask you about that painting?"

"I assume you already figured most of it, it's not really a difficult interpretation. I associate myself with that figure, but those lighter spots in the darkness are the good things that keep you sane through it. I bought it a long time ago, I guess something deep down inside of me always thought that one day those grey spots will multiply while becoming lighter and I'll finally be free. It didn't fully happen yet, however." his words obtained an understanding nod from you. "Can I ask you something as well?"