22. There Once Again

'The unfamiliarity of your eyes always scared me... Now it has become an habit.'

Jimin's face couldn't make up to the emotions he felt in his heart when he climbed those stairs, once again.

A big, shiny royal palace which was once his home too now stood like an apathetic host to welcome him. He was just able to hold his posture and took steady breaths because Hwasa was just besides him. One thing he knew for sure was, Hwasa will never let him talk to the King as long as she was there. He always thanked whoever was up there to have Minho and Hwasa by his side even through some of the darkest chapters of his life.

Even though this path, every single stair was well familiar to him, Jimin couldn't get anymore unfamiliar with it.

They were lead straight to the lower court which was besides the Royal or high court. Lower court was used to discuss and evaluate the issues that were relatively small or required personal attention for the verdict of the King. So it wasn't something that should be discussed with many people, they assumed. And of course, why would they want more people for such small matter.

A mere Kisaeng just ran away against King's orders yesterday. 'What would be the punishment for him', wasn't such a big matter. Jimin hoped he would be out of here as soon as possible.

Once they reached there, they saw only few people present in the lower court hall. Two prime advisors, Taehyung and Namjoon, Judiciary committee representative, Minho and Seokjin, the Royal healer, just these many of them. It was a bit surprising to see Seokjin there. What was he doing there? Why does he have to be there? Jimin was pulled out of his thoughts as Seokjin gave him a little smile. And Jimin just stared back with empty glance.

Smiling back to someone was now had become foreign for him after spending these many years without a single smile.

Seokjin was a little hurt but he understood him. He just remained silent until the doors were opened once again and the King entered the court halls.

On entering, his gaze stilled on Jimin who had his head bowed down. Maybe it was a just an excuse to not look at person who's eyes were still bitter and harsh yet soft feeling wanted to take its place... But Jungkook successfully refused it and shifted his gaze towards Hwasa who stood with same calmness.

"If this is about yesterday's incident, I will like to apologise first your Majesty. But if you want I can send another kisaeng to please you.", Hwasa said calmly. But Jungkook's gaze was still on Jimin who still hadn't looked up from the ground. After waiting for what felt like 5 whole minutes, Jungkook spoke up.

"The Kisaeng in question... Doesn't have anything to say?"

Jimin looked up a little surprised but he masked the shock and quickly formed a statement.

"I apologise for my yesterday's behaviour. If I was into what you were demanding, I would've informed you beforehand. But I do not provide physical services. I am ready to take any punishment if there may be.", He said with a calm tone. It was Jungkook's time to get amused.

"I don't know about the punishment but I do have some offer for you. I will come straight to the point. I need a heir who will take the throne after me. And for some unfortunate reasons, the only way for that is to take a concubine. And I want you to become my concubine.", He said in one breath.

Silence filled the room. Jimin had started shaking on his feet, trying unsuccessfully to grip the floor with his toe. Everyone was shocked but remained silent before Hwasa decided to step up.

"I apologise my lord, but as he said, he doesn't provide physical services. I will provide you another concubine if you want. Jimin dances to feed his hunger. Not like other Kisaengs who prefer to take pleasure beds.", She tried negotiating.

"And I told my decision to take him as my concubine. I didn't ask. It was my order. If you wish to be banished from the Kingdom with your whole herd of Omegas, dare & defy me.", Jungkook said in deathly tone which left everyone shocked. Minho was looking concerned. He just felt like to pick up Jimin in his arms and barging out. But he couldn't do that.

"But how will you banish us, Your Majesty, when we never were considered as the part of this kingdom?", Hwasa asked with a sharp tone. Jimin's breath hitched as well as everyone's who looked at her in shock.

"What did you say?", A carved eyebrow of the King raised at the Omega who refused to lower her eyes as well as voice.

"I'm sorry your majesty to say this, but we were never considered as the part of this Kingdom. We were never given any privilege or even basic rights to speak up against anyone who does wrong. Because We were always considered as forbidden community who stays at the bottom or not even there... Last time when drought had fell on the Kingdom, all the people recieved help from royals and upper class people. But we were not even counted. That time I, myself had to go and hunt just to keep these Omegas fed so that they could survive. We were never your people. So we also refuse to take orders from someone who isn't our King.", Everyone's shock increased by tenfold listening Hwasa. If anything Jungkook has become red from his evident anger.

"HOW DARE YOU!!!!"

"Your Majesty—", Taehyung slightly held Jungkook's arm. Jungkook snapped his head at him but he immediately left it. He slightly leaned in to whisper.

"She isn't wrong about it though. Ever since Omega Jimin's case, our court has neglected them altogether. We haven't been looking out for them forgetting they're also our people. Letting your anger out on them now won't be the best decision right now. Since they are ready to negotiate, you might as well want to choose another Kisaeng as your concubine.", Taehyung convinced Jungkook. But didn't seem to be settled. Jungkook wasn't going let this go.

He didn't want anyone else to be his concubine now that he has been faced with Jimin once again. And he knew how he was going to bring him down on his feet.

"Alright. I agree with your ideology. But what about yesterday's event? You disgraced and humiliated a King after being promised for a night? Who's going to pay off for that?", He asked raising his brow. Jimin's breath started to quicken. But Hwasa squeezed his shaking hand lightly.

"What do you suggest then your majesty?"

"Humiliation to the King is a serious offense and punishable by life sentence isn't it Minho ssi?", Jungkook asked and Minho looked at him shocked. But he had no option but to shake his head in affirmative.

"But Jimin ssi said he doesn't serve physical services. Yet Hwasa ssi, you sent him here... Thus he acted misunderstanding my intentions. Do you know what that means? You are punishable to life sentence.", Jungkook said and Jimin eyes shot wide open. Hwasa felt a cold wave spread her body but she held her ground because she knew what Jungkook was trying to do. She needed to stay calm for Jimin. Before she could say something Jimin spoke up.

"Your Majesty, I am ready to be your concubine."

_________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!!

So I have updated quick. I think I deserve your votes and sweet comments and honest opinions!!! Give me thosssee!!

Borahae💜