💋𝟒𝟏.

"Fall Slowly. . ."
-Joyner Lucas ft. Ashanti💋

Chapter 41:

Ariel

The Aftermath

The Aftermath. . .

Kneeling over Dave's body with a busted, and swollen bottom lip, Ariel whimpers in fright at the sight of his horrifying condition as tears fell from her eyes. He needed to seek medical attention ASAP, before it was too late.

She hastily scrambled around the laundry room for her cell phone, but then suddenly remembered that she had forgotten it upstairs inside of her apartment, which was four floors up.

"Fuck!!" she shouted.

Ariel quickly turned towards Dave's unconscious body, and began to frantically search through his pockets to find his cell phone.

The remorse and guilt that plagued her was torment to her soul, as she sobbed hysterically. The severe damage that August had caused upon this sweet and innocent man, was unjustly, and her heart shattered as she gazed at him helplessly laying beneath her.

She finally found it and dialed 911, hoping and praying that her call would be answered. The line rang thoroughly three times, before an emergency operator picked up.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Please, I need help! My boyfriend was just mugged!! He's beaten up pretty badly and he's not moving!! I need an ambulance here now!!" Ariel exclaims urgently into the phone, spewing out the first lie that instantly came to mind. "My address is, 137 Park Slope Apartments on 390 Fifth Avenue."

"Okay, 390 Fifth Avenue, that's fifteen minutes away from the nearest hospital in Brooklyn. Has the individual been shot?" the female operator asked.

"No, but he's unconscious!!" Ariel cries. "Please hurry, I'm on da' first floor in da' laundry room! Send someone!!"

"Alright, but listen to me, just try to relax. Okay?" says the operator in a soothing calm tone. "Now is the individual breathing?"

Ariel sat fully on the floor and laid Dave's head in her lap as she looked down at him, seeing his chest slowly rising and falling.

"Yes... he's breathing," she whispered sadly in defeat, thankful that he was still alive. "Please... I'm so scared..."

"I understand, sweetheart, but everything is going to be just fine. Okay? Now you said that he's still breathing, so I want you to keep him as stable as you can while staying on the line. I'm going to send the paramedics."