you have an allergic reaction (requested)

"So, Y/N, how have you been lately? It feels like it's been forever since we last saw you." Momo said as she put a bite of food into her mouth.

"Good! I mean, things have been stressful. Work, university, life in general - it's all been a little overwhelming at times. But I've been doing really great."

"That's great!" Mina replied as she pushed the food on her plate around with her fork.

"We all missed you so much, Y/N," Chaeyoung said from across the table, making a smile appear on your face.

"I missed you all too."

You sat between your girlfriend and Jeongyeon, enjoying your food on the plate while also enjoying the company of the girls for the first time in so long.

Life has been keeping you busy while the girls' recent comeback has been keeping them busy.

You've barely had time to spend with Jihyo lately, only getting to be with her for a little while each night before you both call it a night and go to sleep.

Your time together has consisted of stealing kisses, cuddling, trying to escape the pressures and stresses that the days have held, and sleeping peacefully as you hold onto each other until the sun comes up and the days begin all over again.

But your time with the girls has been slim to none over the last few weeks, so it feels great to be able to sit down and enjoy some time with them.

The restaurant you're at tonight is one you haven't been to before and you ordered something you've never eaten before, deciding that you needed a little change and it looked good.

However, the more you ate of it, the more uncomfortable you became.

The girls were joking around and talking about the newest video they did, talking about their favorite parts and the lyrics of the song.

However, Sana happened to glance up at you from across the table and she went wide-eyed over what she saw.

"Oh my god, Y/N! Are you okay?" She asked.

All the girls, including Jihyo, looked at you to find your face swelling.

Jihyo heard how off your breathing was.

It was as though you were struggling to even get a breath into your lungs and even when you tried to take a deep breath, you just couldn't breathe.

"She's having an allergic reaction!" Jihyo said.

"What do we do? Should we call an ambulance?" Tzuyu panicked.

"Hang on, hang on," Jihyo said as she reached into your pocket, grabbing your EpiPen. "She's got an EpiPen! It should help."

You always keep it on you just in case you encounter any of your allergies, which it seems that you did tonight.

The food that you're allergic to wasn't listed in the dish description.

If it had been you, obviously, wouldn't have ordered it.

And though the anxiety all the girls felt in that moment didn't fade away just over the sight of the EpiPen going into your thigh, they did breathe a breath of relief because they knew that you'd be okay with that and some medical attention.

"I'm going to take her to the emergency room," Jihyo said after giving you the EpiPen.

"Will she be okay?" Dahyun asked anxiously.

All the girls looked so terrified as you put your arms around Jihyo's neck and she lifted you up into her embrace.

It was a situation that they'd never encountered before.

You're always so careful when it comes to your food allergy and they're all aware of it, so they always look out for you to make sure that you never have to suffer from it.

So seeing you struggling to breathe while your face swells up and you clutch onto Jihyo for dear life is a terrifying sight for them, one they'd never get out of their heads.

"She'll be okay. I'll call you!" Jihyo promised them before she grabbed your things and rushed out of the restaurant with you in her arms.

She carefully put you in the car  and fastened your seatbelt before getting into the driver's seat and hurrying off to the hospital.

"You're going to be okay, my love. I'm right here with you." She promised as you reached out for her hand with your shaking one. "I promise you, everything's going to be fine."

She held your hand tight the entire way there, never once letting it go, hoping that it was calming your anxiety and hers.

Pulling into a parking spot a few moments later, she picked you up and rushed into the hospital.

"I need some help here! My girlfriend is having an allergic reaction." She said and laid you down on the hospital bed before they rushed you into a room.

It took a bit for things to calm down and for your allergy to go away completely.

But once it did and you felt like you could breathe normally again and the swelling went down, you got discharged and got to go home.

"That was a terrifying experience," Jihyo said as she laid down beside you on the bed once you got home a little while later. "We're never going back to that restaurant."

"Fine with me." You said as you put your head on her chest.

She ran her fingers through your hair as her phone beeped from the nightstand beside her.

"It's Nayeon. She says that they're all hoping you feel better now and they're relieved that everything's okay."

"Tell them I say thank you." You said and listened to Jihyo type a message out to them as you closed your heavy eyes.

After she hit send, she put her phone down on the nightstand once more before giving you all of her attention again.

"Are you alright, darling? Is there anything you need?"

"No, I'm okay. I've got you and that's all I need."

She smiled a little as she continued to play with your hair.

"Thank you for saving my life today." You said as you hugged her tight.

"I can't even imagine what I would've done had you not had your EpiPen and the hospital was further away. I'm so thankful that you showed me how to give you that for cases like this. It was so scary."

She could feel the anxiety creeping up on her again just thinking back to earlier today when your allergy struck.

"I showed you for a reason." You said as you opened your eyes, gazing at her tiredly but adoringly. "You did great. Thank you."

"Anytime." She smiled. "I just hope that never happens again."

"Me too." You said before sighing. "Can we see the girls tomorrow? I want to have a make-up meal for today since I didn't get as much time with them as planned."

"Sure. But this time, we're staying here and I'm cooking dinner."

You chuckled before kissing her neck softly.

"Sounds perfect, baby."

She held you a little tighter and breathed out another sigh of relief, grateful that she didn't lose you and you were okay.